Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Modified Mustangs in the mail yesterday and was disappointed to see that Scott Hoag's monthly column is no longer there. Also, for those of you who check out this mag each month...heads up, its no longer called Modified Mustang. Its now, Modified Mustangs and Fords. The integrated another mag with this one to show off all types/ years of Mustangs/ Fords. Kinda of a bummer to me as I have a two year subscription and really bought it just to see the stang mods/ articles. :doubt:

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
one of the main reasons I got a subscription to that was because of Scott Hoag's column...wonder what happened. If it is him, I'm OK with that, if they stopped it, I am not.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm a long time Mustangs & Fords subscriber, and was a little disappointed when they merged with Modified Mustangs. My subscription goes to April 2011. I just received my new magazine yesterday and haven't had a chance to read it yet. I'll hold judgment until I do.

·
Premium Member
12,040 Posts
Modified was being printed here in Canada. The idea was while the US $ was kicking the crap out of ours it made economic sense. However, now that our $ is pretty much on par the costs increased by over 2 Million per year. As a result everyone but one employee was given his papers and the Mag is now based in Florida.

This is just a tidbit of the info I got from a very good source.

·
Registered
'01 #5253
463 Posts
Got mine yesterday as well. I was soo excited about this magazine when I discovered it at the FFW event in Orlando, that I bought a subscription the following week at NMRA in Bradenton. Now I'm not sure about the new format. I really liked the old. I am glad they are keeping the nice thick glossy paper. That was a huge selling point. I'll give it time.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
I just received mine in the mail today, havent had time to check it out yet. NO scott column?

·
Registered
'01 #5253
463 Posts
Could the new company have seen it as a conflict of interest since MRT buys advertising space?

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,301 Posts
Wbihm225 said:
I got my Modified Mustangs in the mail yesterday and was disappointed to see that Scott Hoag's monthly column is no longer there. Also, for those of you who check out this mag each month...heads up, its no longer called Modified Mustang. Its now, Modified Mustangs and Fords. The integrated another mag with this one to show off all types/ years of Mustangs/ Fords. Kinda of a bummer to me as I have a two year subscription and really bought it just to see the stang mods/ articles. :doubt:
If they switched what you subscribed to to a different format, you have every right to demand your money back!

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,301 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
If they switched what you subscribed to to a different format, you have every right to demand your money back!
In fact, this could be a good one for a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!:badgrin:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
That's what I think I'll do, not buy any more of them off the news stand. I didn't have a subscription, so cancellation of that is not an option. I will just vote with my dollars, or lack thereof.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
They are offering refunds for the unused portion of your subscription. Wonder how many subscribers they will have left.... They tryed to combine two totally difeerent magazines with two totally different followings. Classic Ford rides and Modified Mustangs which was a mostly modern Mustang mag. What were they thinking???

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Would be nice to get Scott to do a sort of column on IMBOC. Answer a few questions per week, per month. That would also help his business.

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
What were they thinking???
That's the problem, they weren't.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I on the other hand got the Mustangs and Fords Magzine, it was Modifed classic Mustang magzine, and I was pi$$ed when they changed it and added the new stuff... If I wanted the new stuff I can look at 5.0 and MM&FF... Plus they reduced my favorite column from Jim Healey about rare finds (barn finds)

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Jimmy Ray said:
I on the other hand got the Mustangs and Fords Magzine, it was Modifed classic Mustang magzine, and I was pi$$ed when they changed it and added the new stuff... If I wanted the new stuff I can look at 5.0 and MM&FF... Plus they reduced my favorite column from Jim Healey about rare finds (barn finds)
There is another Mustang rag out... MMMMMM...(MuchMoneyModifiedModularMustangsMagazine)

The first mod article was the $$$$ 2V 4.6 $imple camshafts swap!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Mus408 said:
There is another Mustang rag out... MMMMMM...(MuchMoneyModifiedModularMustangsMagazine)

The first mod article was the $$$$ 2V 4.6 $imple camshafts swap!

MMMMMMMM..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts