Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I have less than 100 miles on my 2020 BULLITT. Although I keep things stock, what would be some suggestions for minor mods to make the car any better than what it is.............
So far, it's a great car. I turned off the REV MATCH..............didn't care for that..............
The sound is great and the ride with magnetic ride control is super.
So far so good!
ARMY TC

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Drive that Puppy!!!!!!!

Reactions: Tony Alonso

·
Administrator
6,219 Posts
What are you dissatisfied with in the stock form?

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I;m fine with the car.................but maybe some little creature comfort items like LED bulbs???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since this is a car based on Steve McQueen, style in the details count. Here's two I did. Well, actually my wife purchased the silver Texas pocket key chain clip with my initials as a present. It makes the Bullitt experience start when I pickup the keys. And people comment, which is a great conversation starter, when I'm pumping gas or getting coffees for the road. The second is a Lamy Swift pen with a retractable clip in racing green. The color is a nearly exact match to the Dark Highland Green. The Bullitt is about experiences and I keep a log about our trips. It's a great technology match which adds a little extra in
Bullitt key clip.jpg
83B64630-41DD-4CCD-BD5E-9547FD1149DB.jpeg
writing down our stories.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool!! Just some simple mods........very nice addition!

ARMY TC

·
Registered
83 Posts
As far as cosmetic mods, I did several:
First, I changed the horn, which is a safety issue IMO.

Second, I changed all incandescent bulbs to LEDs... but it was very frustrating. I nearly ruined the roof console, so I suggest trying to remove the round lenses without removing the console. And on the glove box, DO NOT push the new LED all the way in, because it won't make contact... and you wouldn't be able to remove it without removing the housing first (another frustrating endeavor). The little ones on the visors are easy, but just snug the screws, so you don't strip the threads.

Third, I installed a GT350 gauge pod, but they're hard to come by now. And removing the trim also resulted in hours of fixing a tab where the little piece latches at the top. It bends, so the top of the little piece won't sit flush anymore. If you're anal like me, that's a no-go, so had to fix it, which involved drilling a screw. Not fun.

Fourth, I installed fiberglass screening in front of the condenser, to protect the radiators from bug crap. That required removing the lower belly pan, which made replacing the puny horn from below very easy.

Fifth, I updated Sync to 3.4, updated maps to 1.19 (free), changed themes to a gray one (not the awful blue), changed the animation to the Ford Performance one, and made many FORScan changes to make the car more enjoyable :). Oh, and also tinted the windows (35% all around), which is a necessity here in hot TX.

Sixth, installed Steeda front 2-point brace and rear sub-frame braces to make the car less wallowy in bumpy curves, and it worked great. Also installed their jacking rails.

Finally, did cosmetic changes like adding a cupholder cover (5Spurs), a battery charging pigtail, rear floor mats, a rubber trunk mat, a BlendMount mirror radar detector mount with a MirrorTap cable (powered from the mirror plug), installed black Gorilla lug nuts, a Heatshield sunshield that fits the windshield perfecty (again, for the TX sun when car is parked at a restaurant, etc), installed a matching S/S dead pedal, painted mufflers black, bought the Bullitt books from Tony, and other small details like that. Hope this gives you some ideas:).

First mod has to be the horn...
Indeed. Buy the Ford OEM dual horn, which is plug and play. By the way, only 2019 Bullitts (and other Mustangs, I'm sure) were missing the extra horn.

Reactions: FCGP Mustang

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ELP_JC
Thanks so much for these valuable tips! I will look at a few of these. I'll need to check out the horn..........maybe my 2020 is different????
ARMY TC

·
Administrator
6,219 Posts
ELP_JC
Thanks so much for these valuable tips! I will look at a few of these. I'll need to check out the horn..........maybe my 2020 is different????
ARMY TC
I believe the horn set-up in your 2020 went back to the dual configuration. If it sounds more like "meep meep" (Road Runner), then it didn't :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
You have to start with the Steeda clutch rest/spring replacement. The stock setup is like driving a pickup truck. The Steeda lowers the clutch engagement point and increases clutch feel.

i wasn‘t going to buy the car until I found out about this modification.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Steeda clutch spring
Steeda tune
Steeda sport lowering springs
Steeda H pipe
Window tint

And boom- Bob's your uncle.
That's my plan.
Lee

·
Registered
3 Posts
So far I have less than 100 miles on my 2020 BULLITT. Although I keep things stock, what would be some suggestions for minor mods to make the car any better than what it is.............
So far, it's a great car. I turned off the REV MATCH..............didn't care for that..............
The sound is great and the ride with magnetic ride control is super.
So far so good!
ARMY TC
Recommend window tinting, oil separator, and definitely hood struts.

·
Administrator
6,219 Posts
ARMY TC,

Here's my recommended list -

:) :)

Actually, the only thing I did was swap out to the all-season version of the Michelin Pilot Sport so I could drive it on damp, sub 40 degree roads. If I were to do anything else, I probably would do what ELP_JC suggests for bracing. I must be getting old because I don't want to make any changes on this one. Hahaha!

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
:coffee:Dennis is going to have a busy fall and winter with all those great modding ideas;)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I knew I could depend on you guys spending my money!!! I started yesterday by ordering a new NOAH Car Cover!

ARMY TC aka DENNIS

1 - 17 of 17 Posts