Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Black GT in Lithonia,GA. I am getting Dugan Racing in Swaunee to do all of my mods for my car and am pulling many parts from the Bullitt. You might want to visit the website and email Tom Dugan since he is about to mod out a Bullitt for one of his buddies. He is a great guy and his work has been featured in many Mustang publications. One mod you might want to look at is the bigger Cobra throttle body and the 80mm mass air since you will get a nice hit of hp. Also, the Bassani x-pipe gives my car; still stock exhaust except for 40 series Flowmasters, a nice rumble.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Dugan has a good reputation in the southeast.
thanks for bringing it up. sounds like your GT is sweet!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bro. So far just the 40 series Flowmasters, ASP pulley kit, K&N, and the Bassani x-pipe. The car has good horse, but like the Bullitt needs 3:73 gears, bigger throttle body, 80MM massair from C&L performance, cold air kit along with the mods I have already to really be able to pee in the weeds with the Z28SS and Cobra owners. I know of heads they make for the Bullitt/GT owners that add from 25 hp to 50 hp depending on your budget and desires. Think about it, the mods listed above with a custom chip or a Steeda timing adjustor and you are talking 300+ hp. Running 3:73 gears you are talking low five's 0-60, mid to high 13's in the quarter. Not bad.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
believe it or not, we've already got some guys running 13.6's to 13.8's with a LOT LESS mods that that. close to stock.
see JB Vobra's post from last week....can't remember day...will look up
ok, in bullitthead chat look about 20 topics down the list

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-08-15 12:30 ]</font>

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's true. i did read that. wonder if he is powershifting? can't get up the nerve to do that myself. the intake is the key on the Bullitt; sort of like the Cobra intake but different according to Dugan.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Hey ga01blkgt I tried a BBK Cobra throttle body and my car gagged on it. I had all sorts of idle problems so I took it off and returned to the stock TB which I port matched to the intake. Presto no problems, so I'm not sure if the bigger Cobra throttle body will work. Haven't tried any other mass air meter because generally speaking the 1-3 hp increase seen on the dyno isn't worth the cost to me. I hope it all works for you though.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i had heard that from another source too roush....that the Cobra injection (factory and aftermarket)did NOT match up well with the Bullitt's intake and runners

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys. I still think that that I will get the C&L 80mm mass air and maybe a bigger throttle body. I want to be able to pull in more air now that I have the Bassani. Has anyone tried the antenna delete to move the antenna over the rear window>> I found it somewhere but cannot put my hands on the article in Muscle Mustangs.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Well, according to what I've been told and seen, a bullitt has the 57mm Cobra intake, taken from the 99 or 2001 Cobras. And I've heard plenty of war stories to know that a Bullitt with just x with cat back, k&N, and syntehtic will damnably keep up with a Cobra or a Z for that matter.

The best I've heard a Cobra do is 13.3s. Vobra ripped 13.5s in a stock Bullitt. With a 35+hp gain, I'm sure he'd whip a Z.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Los, it's a dual throttle body injection from the Cobra but the intake/runners are unique to the Bullitt only! it was developed and tested by Ford racing 2 summers ago. the Cobra has it's own(different) intake & runners as does the GT

·
Registered
199 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-22 12:24, Los wrote:
Well, according to what I've been told and seen, a bullitt has the 57mm Cobra intake, taken from the 99 or 2001 Cobras. </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
The Bullitt and Cobra intake are completely different. The Bullitt does have the Cobra mass air meter, I can't remember the size but it is bigger than 57mm.

·
Registered
393 Posts
guys, both the cobra and bullitt share the exact same throttle body, twin bore 57mm. But obviously, the intakes themselves are quite different.

The only "mod" I have is a k&n drop in filter. The best street tire time is 13.83 and the best nitto time is 13.58. I'll start modding after I've maxamized the stock performance. With this heat we've had in houston, I certainly think some winter temps will yield even more.

And no, I do not powershift. The car's not even mine, it's my g/f's daily driver. She'd kill me if I butchered the tranny up. Trust me, 75% of good times is in the launch, not the shifts. I just granny shift it as quick as humanly possible :wink:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
That's what I meant, the throttle body. I am aware that the Bullitt and Cobra have different 'intakes'. :smile: I get confused with termanology. And you only speed shifted?! I bet I can do 14.1s now!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts