Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am very adamant about keeping my 3/36 warranty intact so I was thinking that I would put off the engine/drivetrain mods and do some suspension stuff instead.

I don't think they could void anything else on my warranty if I stuck to this but I wanted some advice/opinions.

Here is what I am planning on doing:

Steeda Sport springs

Steeda upper and lower control arms

Steeda panhard bar and brace

Tokico D-spec shocks and struts

Does anyone think they (Ford) could void my engine/powertrain warranty because of me installing these items?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
825 Posts
Damn The Torpedo's .... Full Speed Ahead!!!

IMHO if anyone is really concerned about Ford "stealership" service writers (known for their "fair & balanced" business practices...yeah right!) I would be hesitant about doing anything to your Bullitt. Could they void your warranty if your motor throws a rod and all you've done are some suspension mods. I dunno. They certaintly aren't supposed to. They have to show your mod contributed to the failure of the part or parts in question. That's the way it should work. Is life always fair? I'll let you answer that one.

For me pushing 56 .... and having driven my mean green machine almost twenty-thousand trouble free miles....I'm tired of waiting and playing the warranty game.
I'm ready to have some real fun. Modding...period! Thinking about them...dreaming about them...reading about them and most of all doing them. I wonder if anyone would be interested in hearing about my latest purchase ... line locks!?

BTW Lance, as long as your doing the back-in first...don't forget these...
http://www.pmpparts.com/index.php?m...id=228&zenid=2a5683547c1e7b568cab57e1a17696ca
http://www.pmpparts.com/index.php?m..._id=80&zenid=2a5683547c1e7b568cab57e1a17696ca

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, Mike.

You are right about the stealership, around here they will find any excuse.

I did do the Brenspeed tune like you but it's reversible when service is needed.

And of course life is always fair, that's why my real name is Donald Trump, LOL.

I definately want to hear about the line locks since I have no knowledge about them.

I would assume it locks your front brakes tight and leaves the rears alone so you can do incredible burnouts but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

·
Registered
825 Posts
Lance said:
Thanks for the reply, Mike.

I definately want to hear about the line locks since I have no knowledge about them.

I would assume it locks your front brakes tight and leaves the rears alone so you can do incredible burnouts but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
I have a bad habit of talking off topic. I forget it's not suppose to be conversational...I guess. But yes...that's exactly the purpose of line locks. The rear disc brakes really suffer when you lock them up during a burn-out. If you want to safely heat up your tires before a run...it's the only way to go.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
The more I mod the better i like my ride. Took 924 to dealer for oil change and tire rotation last week, pulled into service area, you could have heard a pin drop when they heard the cams. Since it was a freebe nothing was said. The guys really liked the car. But I would think if push came to shove about the warranty I would lose. But not really sure untill I test them

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Lance , Before you do your suspension set set up please talk to our resident pro "Sam Strano". He will steer you in the right direction as far as what springs will do what and what shocks are best for what you want. He has been building and racing these cars for quite a while from what i understand.Go to his web site "stranoparts.com" you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Lance said:
Hi all,

I am very adamant about keeping my 3/36 warranty intact so I was thinking that I would put off the engine/drivetrain mods and do some suspension stuff instead.

I don't think they could void anything else on my warranty if I stuck to this but I wanted some advice/opinions.

Here is what I am planning on doing:

Steeda Sport springs

Steeda upper and lower control arms

Steeda panhard bar and brace

Tokico D-spec shocks and struts

Does anyone think they (Ford) could void my engine/powertrain warranty because of me installing these items?

Thanks in advance,
Lance,

I worked for Dealers for the Past 13-Years.

Here is the Bottom-Line concerning your Ford Warranty.

LEAVE the CAR ALONE ......... PERIOD !!!!!!!!!!

That is as Straight Forward as I know how to say it.

I could go into ALL the Stories for the past 13-Yrs. but the above statement says it All.

I'm NOT-Joking........

Leave the Car.........Alone !!!!!!!!!

Terry

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, unfortunately, that's what I was thinking as well, Terry, but thanks for confirming it.

How's a guy suppose to have any fun, LOL?

Actually, I'm having plenty of fun just with the car being stock + the tune.

I think my new plan is to take all the money I was going to be throwing into mods and use it to pay off the car in 3 years as opposed to 5.

That way, it will be paid off approximately at the same time the warranty expires, and then I can go crazy with it, LOL!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Not to prolong your fun but remember there is a 5/60K on the powertrain. Some dealers are more mod friendly than others. It might pay to find out if you have one close before hand and go from there.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Lance said:
Yea, unfortunately, that's what I was thinking as well, Terry, but thanks for confirming it.

How's a guy suppose to have any fun, LOL?

Actually, I'm having plenty of fun just with the car being stock + the tune.

I think my new plan is to take all the money I was going to be throwing into mods and use it to pay off the car in 3 years as opposed to 5.

That way, it will be paid off approximately at the same time the warranty expires, and then I can go crazy with it, LOL!
Lance,

Now there is a Real-Sound Business Plan that will get You ahead.........

Terry

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
This is simple.

Since you are mostly wanting STEEDA parts, goto their site: http://www.steeda.com/dealers/

And find the closest dealer to you that can install the parts under warranty.

Otherwise. Deal with it.

The Moss Magnasun act prevents them from denying warranty claims because of aftermarket parts unless the aftermarket part is the DIRECT cause of the problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts