Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went out to my Bullitt and did a thorough search for the build sheet but, it was nowhere to be found. However, I noticed that on the bottom of the bumper covers was a sticker with a bar code and numbers. It also had a date of 08-15-01 on it. This is the clossest evidence of a build date approximation I have found. Perhaps Mr. T could enlighten us on the meaning of this sticker and the corallation as to the build date? My window sticker has a date of 8-3-01 and I understand that this is probably the purchase order date? Any help out there?

Bullitt #5338 - No mods necessary at this time!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RenegadeBullitt on 2001-11-12 17:48 ]</font>

·
Registered
154 Posts
I haven't looked, but I suspect it is a tag used for tracking the bumper, placed on the bumper where it is made. There is probably a day or so of float, so your car is probably one or two days after that.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I also had the front bumper sticker on the middle bottom. The date on this tag was 13 days different than my build sheet date.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Those bar coded stickers appear on several parts. I have one under the front end too, although it's getting a little dim after 5 months.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-12 20:28, donwil wrote:
I also had the front bumper sticker on the middle bottom. The date on this tag was 13 days different than my build sheet date.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

That would be cool if that were true about my car since the date on these stickers is 8-15-01. That could mean my Bullitt potentially could have been built around the 28th of August. Hmmm, last of the Bullitts! (one of, anyway) :grin:

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
The labels on the underside of the fascias and the associated dates represent the build info for the fascias themselves. They will be close to the build date but typically earlier. WERM is basically correct in his statement.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, Mr.T,
What would be and average guess on when my Bullitt was built since I didn't get a build sheet. You said Werm was "basically right". And since the date on the facia stickers represent when they were made, would they be fitted on the car during assembly in what looks like a short time after they where made? Thanks for the info!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts