Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess not everyone is gonna love the Bullitt as much as we do. The UK based AutoExpress has this to say about the Bullitt.. And yet they seem to love the standard GT here. But then again.. what can you expect from people who drive on the wrong side of the road. Well at least they gave us Monty Python and Benny Hill.. :smile:

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-06-22 03:12 ]</font>

I think the writer of the article must actually be decribing his POS Morris Minor! (LOL)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-06-23 01:30 ]</font>

·
Registered
509 Posts
I agree with Blackwing......wadda U expect from a country that has failed in every respect to build a car that runs well with little maintenance and stay in business without someone bailing them out all the time! Come to think of it.......their motor cycle track record isn't that good either.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Sounds like the good review is describing a Cobra engine "320bhp & 32 valves." Also, I seriously doubt the same person test drove both, how can the Bullitt handle poorly, yet the GT (Cobra) be "taut & responsive"? But the British do know their sports cars. I'd love anything built by Aston-Martin & some of these newer Jags are pretty sharp & perform real well, too.

01 Bullitt #1697
94 Caprice 9C1
85 Mustang GT
80 F250
70 Monte Carlo

Speaking of the Aston-Martin, my son insists my Bullitt looks like one from the rear going down the road! Since Ford own's Aston -Martin, I'll take that as a compliment! :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-06-23 01:25 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Lok, especially the new Jag built on the Mondeo(re:Countour) platform!!!
although all the reviews i've read say that Jag has done a good job eliminating the "Fordness" out of the platform!!!

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-06-22 03:06, Blakwing wrote:
Well I guess not everyone is gonna love the Bullitt as much as we do. The UK based AutoExpress has this to say about the Bullitt.. And yet they seem to love the standard GT here. But then again.. what can you expect from people who drive on the wrong side of the road. Well at least they gave us Monty Python and Benny Hill.. :smile:

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

...and Douglas Adams.. [sniff] :sad:

British Automobile journalists are not exactly known for their [ahem] accuracy and non-bias. :smile:

I still love thier humor and *most* of their cars. :smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts