Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken shamelessly from Stangnet.. Originally posted by MT Groove.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
Update,

JB Vobra ran the Bullitt at HRP Sunday and hit 13.83 @ 101.52 mph with a 2.16 60 ft. The power's there, however the track conditions sucks and believe me cause best I could do was a 2.046 60 ft on Drag radials. It was a skating rink out there. With better track conditions, it should be good for 13.5 after it gets fully broken in.

Also, it dynoed at 236 HP with just a K&N.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Looks like there may be more speed in there than there was at Atlanta once these things are broken in a little more. Notice the Trap speed..

·
Registered
393 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
Looks like there may be more speed in there than there was at Atlanta once these things are broken in a little more. Notice the Trap speed..

I'm not sure what you mean, but my bullitt only had 500 miles on it at the track that day. And yes, I agree, hopefully more trap speed will appear once I get a few thousand under the belt.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Great times JB!!! I hope to enjoy some of those this Friday eve. for my first runs. Can you tell me your launch style and shift points,especially going into 4th gear?

·
Registered
393 Posts
thanks MUS.

I tried the following. Let the car cool down. Lowered rear tires to 25psi. Drove apround water and did a quick cleaning spin in first. Staged around 2600rpms and slipped the clutch out of the hole. Shifted around 5800rpms and crossed the traps in THIRD. No shift into 4th necessary.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just commenting that your trap speeds were a bit higher than the ones run by the Guys at Atlanta. While your time was just a bit off thiers. I'm thinking that we may see even better times from the Bullitts once they're broken in and more people get out to the tracks.
Excellent numbers.. Congrats..

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-07-04 17:57 ]</font>

·
Registered
393 Posts
On 2001-07-04 17:57, Blakwing wrote:
I was just commenting that your trap speeds were a bit higher than the ones run by the Guys at Atlanta. While your time was just a bit off thiers.

thanks Blakwing.

Yes, I saw the times from Atlanta. The driver was Paul Svinicki, a very seasoned modular racer. He usually drives a high 11-second NA 4.6 cobra at the FFW events. He's a great driver that you can bet powershifts every gear.

As the bullitt I drove is my g/f's daily driver, I decided not to powershift the car down the track. It was off gas, hit clutch, change gear, lift clutch, and hit the gas again. She would have killed me if the car got injured from track abuse :grin:

maybe #1584 is a slight ringer. I'm interested to see MORE track results from other owners. I've only seen a couple of others posting 1/4 mile times. I wonder why more people aren't venturing to the track?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts