Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still considering changing the grill, so I photoshopped a few pics tonight (and figured I'd toss them up here for you folks to see).

Please excuse the grainy look, I accidentally saved them in GIF the first time. :smile:

I also took the GT emblem off the side of the one shot to see what it would look like.

Mike

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:smile:

Well, I took the pony out so that it would look more like the '68. :smile:

I'm not sure what I want to do with her, but I'm just thinking at this point. :smile:

Mike

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
If your going for the 68 look take the scoop off and maybe put on an after market similar to the 68. That would be cool!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Are the GT emblems on with tape or are there holes in the fender? I considered removing everything, FORD and all except the BULLITT.

I wondered why they didn't paint the horse black or remove it like the '68. Gotta have that pony I guess.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Mike,

Those look sweet, anyway you could do a honeycomb blackout? That's what I'm thinking about, close to the original and the new one....

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
what do you guys think of this idea, i am thinking of getting my grill painted tru blue like the rest of the car, along with the side mirrors. ill leave the pony chrome!!!

i think it will work well with the car.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
sigh,.............i don't want to agree with 1Nasty ( EVER!!!- LOL) but i also think the pony should be chrome or "blacked out", not body color.
sorry, but it's just my opinion but it's your car, do what you think is best!!!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Hey Nasty,

I brokedown and bought the black Grillcraft too....we'll see if we are right! (of course we are)

Rarecat

·
Registered
12 Posts
maybe you guys are right, i am coming from a probe gt. (considered an import) I still am not used to the muscle car "rules, and styles." However i understand where you are comming from with your opinions. i actually like it with nothing, or the floating pony.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Blu,

The bottom line is to do what makes you happy, who cares what others think!

·
Registered
12 Posts
that is also very true, it really depends on how different i want my bull to look than others. these days the term "rice" is sooooo broad, everthing can fit into that catagory if you look at it in the right light.

I learned along time ago that "oppinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one."

·
Registered
899 Posts
Hey Nasty, did you ever get your Grillcraft Grill? I've been waiting for week and am getting ready to cancel my order!

·
Registered
899 Posts
It's about $120 for the upper grill alone. I called Grillcraft direct and they said they should be shipping tomorrow....

Don't know about the installation yet, got to get it first!

·
Registered
783 Posts
I painted my pony black a few days ago and it looks great like that. I also painted my GT emblems black as well. I really didn't care for that look at first, but it only took a few days to grow on me and now I wouldn't have it any other way.

Of those pics I like the plain look better as well and a floating pony would look great. Onother look would be no grill at all! When you guys change your grills shut the hood and take a couple of pictures with no grill so we can see what that would look like.

·
Registered
451 Posts
So can the pony be removed without permanent damage to it or the grill? I like the black pony idea, but I would want to buy one, paint it black, and put it in with the original in a baggy somewhere...

Joe

·
Registered
119 Posts
Painted my running horse gloss black. You can still see it but it's subdued. I'll take a picture of it this weekend and post it for you. I have had a lot of people say they like it better this way, and I do for sure.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts