Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note Shelby price given by the Havanna Ford dealer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Dennis I nearly saved those pics as "CUBA" Bullitt untill I saw the Florida plate
I thought your had been to Havanna, Cuba........ Ha Ha

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did not get to drive it but I would really like to. I had asked the dealer to call me if one came in and interestingly he did not. It had been at the dealership 2 days and I just happened on it because I drive one of the stangs (Bullitt or 98GT) over to Havanna on a scenic road each weekend to get the parts moving. I really like the white better than the black. Based on the prices I have seen, this dealer has the best price on one. I really think the prices on the Shelby GT and on the 500 are going to get more reasonable given a little more time.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
dennisbaker said:
Did not get to drive it but I would really like to. I had asked the dealer to call me if one came in and interestingly he did not. It had been at the dealership 2 days and I just happened on it because I drive one of the stangs (Bullitt or 98GT) over to Havanna on a scenic road each weekend to get the parts moving. I really like the white better than the black. Based on the prices I have seen, this dealer has the best price on one. I really think the prices on the Shelby GT and on the 500 are going to get more reasonable given a little more time.
I tend to agree with you. We just need to give the Shelby's a little more time and the prices should drop at least a bit ... (???)

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
THe dealership I go to about 20 minuts from has a black 5spd SGT on the showroom floor and they are selling at sticker, possibly under. They say they want to move it becasue they have a "real" Shelby coming in, GT500. I didn't even bother going into it with them. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
chilli bullitt said:
THe dealership I go to about 20 minuts from has a black 5spd SGT on the showroom floor and they are selling at sticker, possibly under. They say they want to move it becasue they have a "real" Shelby coming in, GT500. I didn't even bother going into it with them. :rolleyes:
It seems a lot of folks feel this way about the new Shelby models, the new CSGT, and the upcoming 2008 BULLITT and rumored Boss.

I will NOT be buying a 2008 BULLITT as a new car. I said if Ford didn't build it a certain way then I wasn't going to buy it. They fell way short and so they have lost a sale here.

I think the new 2008 BULLITT photos do reflect a very impressive car (with a few cheap exceptions).

As far as the Shelby GT goes, why buy one of those when the 2008 BULLITT is coming out (with the same or less meager horsepower and scant engine/trans options) ... ???

I also like the looks of the Shelby GT-500 but I will never buy one at sticker price even if I could afford one 2 or 3 times over. To me, I simply would not be getting what I would be paying a lot of extra money for.

This is the same way I felt with the 2002-2005 Thunderbird; if Ford didn't build it a certain way then I wasn't going to buy one. They totally screwed that car up with the way they did things (and with they way they DID NOT do things) and again I didn't buy one (nor did a lot of other disappointed potential buyers).

Ford brought Shelby in for the retro-styled Mustang and the Shelby's are way overpriced. The only new Shelby that comes close to the old ones are the GT-500(s). In my opinion, if you are going to go "retro" then you should do it all the way and do it right or not do it at all.

The GT-H is relatively true to the former GT-H cars, but the Shelby GT is a far cry from the GT-350 of old. If they did the Shelby GT as a GT-350 replacement (like the GT-350 used to be with the GT-500) then they fell way short. There just is NOT enough horsepower in the Shelby GT. This is sad because you pay way more for the Shelby name and you don't get the value for the money (in my opinion).

While some folks are glad and desperately thankful that Shelby is doing Mustangs again, a lot of others feel this time around it is just a lot of hype (mostly those of us who are older and remember the original cars, rode in them, drove them, raced them, and repaired them, etc.).

In my opinion the GT-500 is the only exception (so far) to the "hype".

(texwebdesign.com)

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
He was infering that the SGT was not a real Shelby and the GT500 was.

As for the SGT and the GT-H, they are the same cars except you can ge the SGT with a 5spd and a supercharger (bumps power to 460 range if I remember right) for about 10-15k under what they are asking for the GT500's with the ADM's.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
chilli bullitt said:

As for the SGT and the GT-H, they are the same cars except you can ge the SGT with a 5spd and a supercharger (bumps power to 460 range if I remember right) for about 10-15k under what they are asking for the GT500's with the ADM's.
Thanks for setting me straight. I have not yet heard the Shelby GT is available with an SC. I was aware of the 5-spd. option but can't help being thrown for a loop that the 6-spd. is not offered as an option (it should be offered on all of them anyway ... but I guess that makes too much sense).

I do however feel it is sad that when you walk in to a dealership and the folks that work there seem as disappointed as a lot of other folks (i.e. customers) in some of the present and future special editions. That alone is proof that Ford is doing things wrong. Ford needs to get over their arrogance and start doing things they way they did (business ethics wise, if nothing else) back in the 60(s).

(texwebdesign.com)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
chilli bullitt said:

By the way ... Who puts the SC on, Ford or somebody else?

Can you get the SC option with an automatic?

THANKS ~ !!!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a quick followup on the black SGT at the dealership I mentioned at the beginning of the thread -- That car is still on the lot. Think it has been there over a month now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts