Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it seem like the lower # Bullitt's are complaining of more problems ? I was told I should be happy that mine is # 2726, because they should have had more practice in assembling them at this point and worked out more of the bugs, and problems. Is there any truth or fact to this theory and are there in fact more problems and complaints with the lower #'s and less with the higher #'s?
Just Wondering?

Frank ( my real name ) Bullitt #2726 from Montvale, New Jersey also known as Wonderboy
as in the KinKs song?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Frank,
A Mustang is a Mustang, is a Mustang. The only difference in your higher number is the fact they could throw the instruction sheet away by that time. Seriously,the more units that are assembled will bring out the need for some assembly proceedure changes; but generally the higher numbered units do not mean that the quality is that much better. I worked at DEP in '68 (Dearborn Engine Plant) that is right next to DAP (Dearborn Assembly Plant) and was over there quite a lot and never heard that the assembly of higher numbered units differed much from the lower numbered unit. The flip side to the higher numbered units being better is, of course, the assembly inspectors watch the first several hundred units closer than normal too!

·
Registered
32 Posts
My Serial number 00758 is pretty low in comparison and I haven't had one problem. All the parts are correct and there is no transmission thumping. Maybe I'm lucky or the idiot that forgot to tighten the retaining bolts on the tranny worked a different shift.

·
Registered
151 Posts
No problems so far for Number 81. No thumps, whines, grinds or rattles. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Oh I do have spotted headlights. Have they started shipping clean ones yet.

·
Registered
122 Posts
#479 Poor dash fit and condensation in the headlight assembly are the only two quality issues I've noticed so far.

·
Registered
214 Posts
#1141 here. Just a misaligned drivers door, loose lug nuts, and recently some spots in the headlight lenses. Minor details.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
#1409 here. Just a misaligned Driver's door, and some tranny clunking...but I had all the bolts checked and they were fine. Nothing other than that.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Exactly about the numbers thing. There may be some revisions on the line but other than that, it means diddly. Take my 99 Lightning for example. It was a higher number (something like in the early 4000's out of 6000) and it was the biggest POS out there of the bunch. I still miss the truck but with all of the problems that I had with it, I had no choice but to get rid of it.

Paul G.

·
Registered
155 Posts
#353 had air conditioner o-ring problem, easily fixed.
Everything else is great!

·
Registered
959 Posts
#66 has been.. shall I say.. Bullitt :roll: proof so far and it's been hammered around the autocross course. That should have broken anything loose that was going to go I think.

Brian

·
Registered
13 Posts
for those that asked above, it took my dealer about 2 weeks to get in my new headlights. This is in Texas and for Bullitt #0642 :smile:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Spotted headlights, backfire, whinning from somewhere in the transmission (Something to do with the clutch), and the occassional clanking shifting to and from 1st-3rd gear. Other than that, IT"S ALL GOOD!

Los
#3753 True Blue

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I better start putting some miles on my Bullitt to see if any or all of these reported problems show up on mine....I barely have any miles on it...I've had it about 3 weeks but was away for 2 weeks right after I picked it up...

The Black Bullitt #02627 from Montvale, New Jersey

·
Registered
11 Posts
My DHG490 has a few minor problems. The traditonal spotted headlight(rt side). Also, a slighthly misaligned passenger door and bulge in the window weather strip on passenger door. Everything else is ship shape . No whines, thumps, rattles or whistles. Car appears very tight with after 2,500 miles.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts