Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, the dealership where I got my Bullitt called to tell me that they got 3 more Bullitt cars. They got one of each color. By the time I got there today two of them had already been picked up by the people that ordered them. The one left was a blue one. I noticed it had GT rocker moldings on the passenger side, and Bullitt rockers on the drivers side. I know some got their cars with the wrong c-pillars, anyone else get the rocker mix up?

1,169 Posts
This is really getting STUPID!!!!! What the HELL is FORD DOING!!!!!! Who the HELL is signing off on these cars!!!!! Oviously a real JACK ASS!!!!!!!

MAYBE there are some LS1 people working for FORD that are doing this stuff on PURSOSE!! TO MAKE THE BULLITT LOOK BAD!!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
I think Ford is in a hurry up at the plant to finish out the 2001 model year. The delay in starting JOB1 is part to blame, but there is no excuse for stupid mistakes.

Then again, several posts have stated that cars were delivered with parts stolen and the dealers had to replace them. I wouldn't doubt that eBay is acting as the fence for some of these stolen parts. Just look at the listings for Bullitt parts.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I probably have a strange on for you.The brake caliper on the right front is a flat surface without the running pony!At least it was red!Also the lower molding on the driver side front fender that is to go under the rocker molding is installed incorrectly installed,it is on top of the rocker panel molding!And lastly,were the license plate bolts to the trunk there is a place were somebody drilled holes in the wrong place for the bolt holes at the top,so I have a total of 6 holes,not four;but I still love the car!

·
Registered
126 Posts
that same thing happend to my car Black #852
i took delivery off it and the next day i washed it, and noticed there was somthing wrong with the rocker panels, i used to have a 2000 V6 so the rocker panels seemed firmilar, my passenger side was a regular mustang rocker panel, i brought it to ford and it the rocker panel was sent over nite and installed the next day in 45 minutes, other then that no problems

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The blue Bullitt with the wrong rocker molding also had the shifter knob missing. When my Bullitt came in it had the front stone guard rocker moldings installed incorrectly. They where on top of the long rocker moldings instead of under the lip. Oh well, a two second fix. The car is still killer!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts