Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about it? I just picked up 5 quarts at Walmarts. I haven't put it in yet but probably will soon.
Any feedback welcomed.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I was told during my search for Mobil 1 or Syntec that all 5W20 is synthetic blend. Pennzoil told me that 5W is impossible without the synthetic portion.

I stuck with Mobil 1 5W30.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I used it on my first oil change. Runs perfect and the price is bueno. I'll move on to Mobil synthetic later perhaps.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Seems to be a good quality oil,so I will stick with it until a full synthetic in that weight comes out. If it meets Fords test standards,no sense running a heavier oil.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-09-19 22:08 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I have used this oil for three changes and will continue. My Bullitt has not used a drop of oil. I have over 8000 miles on mine now with no problems.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I just did my first change at 1100 miles. I put Motorcraft Premium 5W20 in, just like they 'recommend.' As far as I know, it's just dino oil, right? I think it's best during break-in. I'll use it again at about 2800 miles, then at 5000 I'm switching to pure synthetic - likely Mobil1 5w30 (or 5W20) if they have it by then.

I save my receipts from the Ford dealer to validate any warranty issue claims, should Ford try to give me the 'shake.'

·
Registered
451 Posts
MUS 408, I bought Amsoil ( www.amsoil.com )5w20 full synthetic about 1 month ago, which does meet Ford spec gibberish-gibberish, and Red Line ( http://www.redlineoil.com/whyredline.htm ) does as well. I've been TOLD that the Redline meets Ford spec gibberish-gibberish, but didn't see it on their page.

Synthetic 5W20 is here, even though people keep talking about what they will use UNTIL it comes out... :roll: :smile:

Joe

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-20 14:14, 01GTCOUPE wrote:
I just did my first change at 1100 miles. I put Motorcraft Premium 5W20 in, just like they 'recommend.' As far as I know, it's just dino oil, right?

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

The Premium in the black bottle is most likely the same thing as the Synthetic Blend in the red bottle. Notice the bar code. The part # is the same too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts