Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else read the Mach One article on the latest Motortrend? There are two pictures of a light blue Mach One and my first reaction was - Bullitt without the exhaust tips. Supposedly has the Bullitt motor in it. No shaker hood or hood scoop -- just a flat hood with flat black paint and no rear wing. I had considered waiting for the Mach One, but now I'm much more comfortable with my decision. I'm hoping for the sake of the Mach One name the photo is of a test car without all the bells and whistles, otherwise I think the Bullitt is the prettier concept of the two. I'll still go look at them when they hit the streets and I'll give a thumbs up to everyone who buys one, but I'll be grinning from ear to ear in my Bullitt. I can't wait til morning so I can storm my way into work. Adios.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I saw the photos too. I'm surprised they didn't amke mention of the official concept that Ford had shown. If the Mach 1 comes out with the Bullitt motor it would still most likely still have the shaker hood. I hope it have at least that much for a difference. otherwise your buying a different color Bullitt.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have to agree. If the Mach is the same car, but only in that blue then we got a much better deal. That blue blows.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Didn't see the Motor Trend article, but that sounds bizarre. What happened to the Mach they had been showing with the scoop, spoiler, and Cobra engine? I thought the whole idea of the Mach I was to incorporate the spirit of the original. if all they are going to do is build "another Bullitt", it seems kind of pointless.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
strange that they'd be showing the Mach 1 WITHOUT the "shaker" hood scoop after all the positive reactions they got with the concept vehicle WITH the "shaker" scoop!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
i read on another board, these picture where taken weeks before Ford shown it in Tulsa
if this is the same car it as the cobra 4V engine in it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts