Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
It was down between the Bullitt and the Cobra when I was righting my check. The thing that pushed me over to the Bullitt was the difference in insurance costs. Boy have I never regretted that decision. The Bullitt packs plenty of punch.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Ditto on that choice. The Cobra was nice, the engine is superb, but for ~$3000.00 less we get a more limited production vehicle that is almost as quick/fast. No brainer here...

Not to mention the insurance... Aaargggghhhh

·
Registered
170 Posts
check out my earlier motorweek post...

·
Registered
586 Posts
I saw this presentation from MotorWeek on Speedvision last night. It was pretty cool. It's a different program from the one where the Bullitt is hammering around the hills of San Francisco. It's at the very end of the half-hour program. There's like 3 minutes to go and you wonder if they can even fit the story into the time slot.

They mash a Cobra and a Bullitt around and really make the Bullitt look like the better dressed, better mannered of the two. Of course, MotorWeek does not get in the habit of dissing any particular car. The sponsers are too close to home for them to do that. Like my Sunday News auto section. Those guys never know how to criticize, they only embellish. It's too subjective for the true car buffs.

It's great to turn on the general auto public with our Bullitts, though. Maybe somebody will know what mine is next time I'm out and about.

The MotorWeek web magazine prints exactly what the TV program presented. Here is MotorWeeks broadcast schedule:
http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/upcomingshows.shtml
and Speedvisions Program schedule:
http://www.speedvision.com/network/programs/automotive.html

I was really glad I caught it.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Yeah,I caught that show,by accident,myself. I thought it had already aired before. I enjoyed it! They seemed to favor the Bullitt,for the same reasons I did.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I only hope that Ford has been listening to all these reviews. Team Mustang built a Mustang they way all of them should be and now they're getting praised for it (even though they came up a little short in Peak Power), Maybe from hear on out they will Improve the line and force SVT to push the envelope.

·
Registered
112 Posts
asmuch as i like the HP the Cobra adds for almost 6,000k more it wasnt worth it for me, i think i'll use the extra to say maybe splash out 350hp in motor and tires, then ill look into that super charger

Drive fast , burn gas , Its Green and stays Clean,
92 Trans AM, 93 Stang GT, 90 TC (Crystler&Masiratti) 89 EB bronco, 98 Jetta GT--previous--- AND DHG02321

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GTBULLITT02321 on 2001-10-29 08:41 ]</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts