Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front cover of this month's Mustang Monthly has a picture of the 68 Bullitt mustang and a good article inside about were the the orginal movie car is located.
Good read.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
gonna have to check that out

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, sorry it is the July issue. I just got it in the mail yesterday.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
no pics, just a updated story. still good press to keep us Bullitt Aficianados happy!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I would love to read this article. I will have to find that magazine. Did the current owner finally spill the beans or did somebody stumble across it? Are there any pix?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Can someone scan the article, or cut and paste (and change a few things so that there is no copyright infringement) and post it here?

·
Registered
771 Posts
I sense that somewhere, the rumor mill is working at it's finest...

Build interest in "Bullitt" and people will be interested in what Ford's gonna put out...

If everyone started talking about chrome widgets that added 15 horsepower and bolted on easily........... (Get the idea?)

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Yeah my father gets munstang monthly, Its a good article. It says that even Steve McQueen himself tried to buy the car from this guy, and although flatterd he declined him

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
looks like we'll keep waiting. . .

hopefully the individual with it will make it public or at least supply before/after photos once their project is completed

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I read somewhere the car is estimated to be worth half a million unrestored. It's probably the 2nd most famous car in the world after James Bond's Aston Martin DB5 used in "Goldfinger". That car was stolen and never recoverd.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Ford offered a the current owner a 100pt restoration if he would let them use the car to promote the 2001 Bullitt and obviously he turned them down. I don't know if restoring the car would help or hurt the value.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
well at least it wasn't buried in Tulsa, we hope!

after reading the article I'm amazed that the owner hides it.

what a shame.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
It's his car... And can do what evr he wants with it....

But I cannot believe how dumb it would be for him to fix it up (maybe paint it red) and let his teenage son drive it, and possibly let it get wrecked and distoryed ... He must not understand what he has, is just rich jerk who doesn't care... Setting next to his Porshe woopty freaking doooo... ass spanking coming on

I would estmate the value of this car to be unestmable..... It might bring more than that stupid Bus at the insanty called Barret Jackson

If ever there was case demanding minate domane (I know spelling sucks) Instead of taking old peoples homes for a new Walmart, take this fella's property (Bullitt mustang) and donate it to a chartable instution like my barn where at least it could be looked at.....

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
I believe the man knows what he has. being contacted by both warner brothers and Ford for use of it. Also i think he is leaning more toward letting it go to a mustang museum.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts