Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
How could they overlook Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry? That's got my vote for best car chases.

"Clown to Franklin, Clown to Franklin"

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-18 07:47, Y2K16T8 wrote:
How could they overlook Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry? That's got my vote for best car chases.

"Clown to Franklin, Clown to Franklin"
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Whoever flew that helicopter had giant nads. There's one scene in the orchard when they whip around a corner, the rotor blades are only inches from the ground!!!

I vote for Bullitt, Vanishing Point and the original Gone in 60 Seconds as the best. :smile:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Speaking of crazy pilots, I was watching a free fall vidio where there was a choper pilot that would give them a hell of a ride until he desided it was time for them to get of, same thing skid slides then what fixed wingers call wingover the guy was nuts just like you said inches from the ground. Ill get the name of the movie and post it

·
Registered
90 Posts
Speaking of helicopter chase scenes...."The Gauntlet" with Clint Eastwood on the motorcycle getting chased through the Arizona mountains by the high performance Gazelle(French helicopter). Saying this from a chopper pilot's view, that pilot had some big nads. Musta needed a wheelbarrow to walk.:-B

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt 717 on 2002-01-27 17:42 ]</font>

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thats funny you mentioned the gauntlet. I was laying in bed this morning and it happened to be on TNT. I had never seen it before and was thinking to myself that whoever was flying that chopper was one crazy SOB.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I just remembered I have the VHS of "Birds of Prey" a made for TV movie starring David Jansen(The Fugitive).

He was a former WW II fighter pilot flying a Hughes 500 traffic helicopter chasing the bad guys through the whole movie.

Ultra huge nads flying a chopper inside an airplane hanger!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
311 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-27 18:07, 01GTB wrote:
Ronin did have a damn good chase sequence.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Irony of ironies--Ronin is on TNT right now...

I know I'll get flak for this on this board, but the chase scene through the streets of Paris in Ronin (especially when they're going against highway traffic) is the best I've ever seen, totally eclipsing the scene in Bullitt. The chase scene in Bullitt is IMO about comparable to the middle Ronin chase scene in Nice.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I agree with 1NastyFordGT.

1. Bullitt - because that was the first movie I saw as a kid that had a cool car chase. I have watched it many times and have the DVD.

2. Vanishing Point - I have loved Dodge Challengers ever since that movie and still plan to own one some day. (would like the DVD)

3. Gone in 60 Seconds (the original) because literally half the movie is a car chase and they wreck the crap out of a lot of cars. (recently found the DVD)

4. I'll throw in one that no one has mentioned. I liked the chase scene in the "Seven Ups"with Roy Scheider. It was filmed in similar fashion to Bullitt. The car used in the chase was a little off the beaten path. It was a Pontiac Ventura (Nova clone).

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
bullitt of course is # 1
but ,damn I loved the blues brothers and that insane chase scene...comical or not. older movies like french connection with hackman,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts