Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got clocked doing 145+ in a 45. Smoked the camero, cars ok. I bet I'll just be sitting in it for a while. Cars still in jail, I spent the night. Probably loose my liscense for 6 months to a year. Not to mention the$$$. They dont play in Ohio, espacilly in kettering. Smart thing to do is keep the foot under control and enjoy the very nice ride. Take it from me.
Saving rubber and miles. Rather be riding.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-15 12:35, BULLITT#3815 wrote:
I just recently got clocked doing 145+ in a 45.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

:eek: wow :eek:

·
Registered
394 Posts
That's nuts! I hope this was in a fairly desolate area. Don't go doing that in NY, you might learn a whole different use for a plunger.

100 mph over... you're probably going to loose your license for some time.

Race Responsibly! No it's not an oxymoron

P.S. Good Kill!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT00208 on 2002-01-15 13:29 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Hope you didn't say anything to the cop (don't admit guilt). Plead not guilty. If it's a felony, ask them to knock it down to a misdemeanor or you'll ask for a jury trial (wasting their time and money).
Most important, don't listen to me, contact a lawyer or public defender at least.

·
Registered
311 Posts
A motorcyclist recently got caught with a new speed record in the city of Chicago--160! He was caught doing 160 in a 45 (Lake Shore Dr.) and pulled over when he passed the cop and saw his lights come on. The guy got 30 days in jail. Yet, many drug dealers around here are let off... What a messed up world we live in...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Had a 50 year old friend get caught doing the samething in Colorado with his Viper. His attorney referred him to a psychologist. Apparently, this helped out at sentencing. The guy still has a license but no Viper.

Sorry to hear about this, hang in there, and thanks for sharing this wake-up call. I'll keep my racing to the strip.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I guess we are sometimes too smart too late. This will be expensive..... but luckily no one got hurt and they didn't have to "write-off" the Bullitt cause you blew a tire or ran into some little old lady pulling onto the freeway. A lesson for us all.

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Live and learn. I learned
when I was 23. Scared the cr** out of myself
doing 160 mph on my Suzuki GSX-R 750 on
Pensacola Bay bridge. Didn't get caught or
wipe out but could have. I consider myself
lucky. Never did anything like that again.
Hope all works out for you. Glad to hear
no one was injured or anything wrecked.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've stuck the needle a few times in #140, but these were on back desert highways on the way to Vegas. Haven't been tagged by the CHP, but your experience is certainly a sobering one for me. On a go-forward basis, I will try to limit myself to the low three digits on the speedo, though I know how difficult that can be.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beefmd on 2002-01-15 16:34 ]</font>

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-15 14:58, mrudy wrote:

Had a 50 year old friend get caught doing the samething in Colorado with his Viper. His attorney referred him to a psychologist. Apparently, this helped out at sentencing. The guy still has a license but no Viper.

Sorry to hear about this, hang in there, and thanks for sharing this wake-up call. I'll keep my racing to the strip.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

·
Registered
302 Posts
I agree plead not guilty and get a lawyer. It might cost a few bucks but it'll be worth it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mr.pj on 2002-01-20 05:36 ]</font>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts