Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after three years in South Dakota, We are PCSing to Lackland! Will be getting into town around the 6th or 7th of May. Any recommendations from fellow SA bullittheads about housing?

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Ok, I will go out on a limb here, the side of town that Lackland is on is less than desirable to live in. I may be prejudice to this fact since I am from here. But, the catch is, anywhere else is a long drive with traffic. A close area that is relatively new is around the Hwy 151 area also the Seaworld area. This is the NW side and has been growing for the last 10-15 years with no stop in sight. THe drawback here is huge traffic issues. PM me for specifics if you'd like. Don't get me wrong SA is a great place to live and work, it is my home and I love it. Unfortunately for RangerDoc he had a rough start but this is not the norm. Welcome and look forward to meeting you at the local car hops.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Oh yeah, one other thing. My girlfriend works at AFPC at Randolph. If you need help I can see what we can do for you.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kujo362 said:
Ok, I will go out on a limb here, the side of town that Lackland is on is less than desirable to live in. I may be prejudice to this fact since I am from here. But, the catch is, anywhere else is a long drive with traffic. A close area that is relatively new is around the Hwy 151 area also the Seaworld area. This is the NW side and has been growing for the last 10-15 years with no stop in sight. THe drawback here is huge traffic issues. PM me for specifics if you'd like. Don't get me wrong SA is a great place to live and work, it is my home and I love it. Unfortunately for RangerDoc he had a rough start but this is not the norm. Welcome and look forward to meeting you at the local car hops.
Actually I ran into you in April of 04 when I was on leave visiting my family in SA. My car had the Florida plates, I believe we where running down San Pedro. I can't wait to get back to Texas. My sister pretty much told me the same thing about houses and she lives in the 151 area.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Walkman003309 said:
Actually I ran into you in April of 04 when I was on leave visiting my family in SA. My car had the Florida plates, I believe we where running down San Pedro. I can't wait to get back to Texas. My sister pretty much told me the same thing about houses and she lives in the 151 area.
Ok,
I remember that, yea if you need anything just shoot me a pm or something. I will do what I can for you.
Kerry

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Kujo362's right about that side of town. My girlfriend works over there as well. Punk gang bangers. Of course they will be everywhere, but worse there. You could always move to Castroville, which is fairly close to that side of town (15 minutes I believe,) but will put you too far away for Friday night get togethers! If you come up with some locations you may be interested in, pm me or Kerry and maybe we can give you some advice.

·
Car Whisperer
20,785 Posts
Wow Lance......you came out of hibernation :).I thought maybe you got snowbound and we haven't heard much from you. Maybe when you get out of the frozen north, you'll be able to chime in more. Welcome back to civilization!!!!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DragonBullitt said:
Wow Lance......you came out of hibernation :).I thought maybe you got snowbound and we haven't heard much from you. Maybe when you get out of the frozen north, you'll be able to chime in more. Welcome back to civilization!!!!
Actually it is this job. I was "chosen" to start a mobility section in my squadron to manage Combat Skills training for over 300 folks. Been sucking the life outa me! Heck, when I get home, the last thing I want to do is get in front of a computer... Hopefully I will have more time for IMBOC and the car scene in general.

·
Car Whisperer
20,785 Posts
Kewl, it will be good to have you back on-line!!!!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kujo362 said:
May I suggest ya'll spend more than a 1 day course on the M-16. :bigguns:
Unfortunatly, CATM control that aspect. But CE at Ellsworth is light years ahead of the rest of the Wing in reguards to CST, Convoys and Air Base Ground Defence. We train every Tuesday, with one being a full blown CST day with Convoy's and other type of scenarios.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts