Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking i havent seen any post of mpg numbers when someone goes supercharged or turbocharged. could all the lucky ones out there that were able to be blown post your MPG numbers and what setup you have...thanks.:tb01: :dhg01:

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'm not blown, but from what I hear, as long as you stay out of boost you should be good. All in all, I believe it drops like 1-2 MPG if you drive it like you did before the blower, shifting at no more than 2,500 RPMs, etc. And yes, that goes for both centrifugal and positive displacement blowers.

·
Registered
873 Posts
DiZzyBonne said:
I'm not blown, but from what I hear, as long as you stay out of boost you should be good. All in all, I believe it drops like 1-2 MPG if you drive it like you did before the blower, shifting at no more than 2,500 RPMs, etc. And yes, that goes for both centrifugal and positive displacement blowers.

:eek: Wow, stock or blown I don't think I've ever shifted below 2500 RPM's. (Ok, well maybe in my neighborhood but after that no way) Where's the fun in that. Now that I think about it I rarely shift below mid 4000's often higher than that even. :badgrin:

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think I may need to talk to Kenne Bell or something because it seems at best I'm getting like 8mpg, and I'll only get on it once or twice a tank.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
With my K-B on the road i can get low 20s, around town not great at all. Lucky to see 18/19 if i keep my foot out of the firewall :lol: But I also have 3.73 gears which does not help.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow are you kidding me, im lucky to get 18 city with my stock bullitt 52,000 miles on her.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
bullitt04796 said:
wow are you kidding me, im lucky to get 18 city with my stock bullitt 52,000 miles on her.
No sir not kidding.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I get 15-16 in town and 21-22 on the highway.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I can get 25-26 on trips, but the T56 helps quite a bit. Around town it drops to 17-18 because it just sounds so freakin good in 1st and second gear!!! :dhg01:

If I had a KB it would be way worse because while the Vortech noise goes away over 2000rpm, the KB gets louder, I'd want to drive around listening to that sweet whine all day.....

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
BullittMakesThree said:
:eek: Wow, stock or blown I don't think I've ever shifted below 2500 RPM's. (Ok, well maybe in my neighborhood but after that no way) Where's the fun in that. Now that I think about it I rarely shift below mid 4000's often higher than that even. :badgrin:
Have I said that I love your car? I'd cheat on #0005 to drive that beauty. :dhg01:

·
Registered
722 Posts
18 MPG city is what the car was originally rated at, which was 18 MPG city and 25 MPG highway.

BullittMakesThree said:
I used to shift at 2,000 RPMs, but since I got my exhaust, I shift at around 2,500 to 3,000 RPMs. If I had a blower, it might be a different story lol.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
I dont think i shift at anything less than 3500.:lol:

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
When I had my Bullitt with the Vortech it would get around 24-25 on the highway and 20-22 in town.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
rblack4405 said:
When I had my Bullitt with the Vortech it would get around 24-25 on the highway and 20-22 in town.
What about the Termi?

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I have never really figured the mileage on the Cobra exactly, but I would say around 22 on the highway and around town I have no idea. From time to time my right foot will have a spasm and my toes will point toward the floor. :wink:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
rblack4405 said:
From time to time my right foot will have a spasm and my toes will point toward the floor. :wink:
That's the point of these cars...They help keep us young. :dhg01:

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Last I checked I was getting 12-14mpg in normal driving. I never take on trips so I don't know what it gets on the highway. I pick it up tomorrow after having cams installed so I expect the mileage to go down a bit from this.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Barnaby said:
Last I checked I was getting 12-14mpg in normal driving. I never take on trips so I don't know what it gets on the highway. I pick it up tomorrow after having cams installed so I expect the mileage to go down a bit from this.
I bet the altitude also affects it.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
BullittMakesThree said:
I'm with you on that one buddy ! The red line is there to be met...........
2500 is tickover

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Barnaby said:
MPG might be down a bit BUT I bet smiles per mile will be well up !

1 - 20 of 46 Posts