Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have sold my 08 Bullitt and have a few extra items up for sale.
First up is a MRT Bullitt Reload hood for 08-09 Mustangs which was purchased just last year from another Bullitthead original post

http://www.imboc.com/forums/98-swap...8-styleood-sale-pic-heavy-w-long-story-h.html

there is a slight dip in the upper layer that will need to be corrected when prepping but it is quite minor. MRT issued a replacement and didnt ask for the one I have for sale back and it has waited this whole time to have its prep finished. Im getting ready to put it into long term storage and wanted to put this post up for the next Bullitthead who wants it and goes hunting for a post this year. I paid 250 for the hood after inspecting it and will take 200 for it. Hood is primer on top and paint underneath currently but has no cracks with legs mounted and a large clip for hanging with original screen mesh material for inserts no paperwork. Hood is just north of Indianapolis for a local pick up sale. I could craigslist it all day for 2 bills to any mustang 05-09 ,but I loved my Bullitt when I had it and this was the hood I wanted so bad I went and picked up this one to finish the look. Holding with no concern for time, wrapped in a blanket for the next Bullitthead- $200 bucks cash with preference to SUPPORTING members first

side note - zero changes were made to the hood since the original post from Cyan09 and it maintains its good condition, I was going to do this in May but traded in my 08 for a 16 GT track pack last week instead....lifes funny like that sometimes

Thanks for looking
Kern

Attachments

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I want this hood so bad I was just telling my friend this is the hood I want but they don't make it any more, I'm so excited I cant type haha. I live in Texas can we figure out a way for shipping ill pay 200.00 the zip code is 75028

·
Car Whisperer
20,870 Posts
great deal!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
PM sent. Very interested.... I can drive up and pick up, no shipping

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE -4/20/16

Lifetime member at IMBOC has requested this hood be marked as SOLD
this is pending an early May pickup-I will update this post if anything changes
Thank you to all who looked and if for some reason anything changes I will
respond in order of pm sent

soon to be posted - 2nd gen MGW shifter for 05-09 mustangs that was used for less than 2k miles - no issues just swapped it with the factory unit for warranty work and didnt get it back in.
- SVT gt500 05-09 scuff plates in great shape

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I will be watching for the MGW shifter. Does it have lever that supports the stock shift ball?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill be posting the MGW shifter for sale in a fresh post when I can grab pics of it this weekend
I used my stock shift knob on it at the time so Im thinking yes to that question

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update - 4-27-16

hood is still for sale. lots of interest but no one is showing up for it and I just fielded an email where I kinda gave up
after someone talked about a problem that didn't exist with the vents...its ok if you dont want it guys but please dont pm me about the hood if you are not ready to drive just north of Indianapolis to pick it up . it is what it is

200 cash local pickup only
first come first serve
thx , Kern

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
I'm the one that asked "Kern" about the hood vents and he was kind enough to forward several pics. Kern has the luxury of having the hood for direct viewing and all I have are the pics he forwarded. Based on what I saw I declined the purchase.

That said, for $200 this is a great buy, but it's going to need some tweaking based on the pics I have to view.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
truth be told here Rodney....I declined to sell it to you after the hem hawing and said "take care and god bless" If this is what I can expect Ill stop posting the few things I have left here. In the years Ive been here the IMBOC has always been a positive environment and Id like to keep it that way. Thank you for posting your opinion of a problem with the hood which it does not have .

The only flaw to be fixed with this item is the dip near the windshield side of the hood and that has been documented and photographed clearly by the previous owner and myself.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
truth be told here Rodney....I declined to sell it to you after the hem hawing and said "take care and god bless" If this is what I can expect Ill stop posting the few things I have left here. In the years Ive been here the IMBOC has always been a positive environment and Id like to keep it that way. Thank you for posting your opinion of a problem with the hood which it does not have .

The only flaw to be fixed with this item is the dip near the windshield side of the hood and that has been documented and photographed clearly by the previous owner and myself.
Really? Not well played sir. I'll take the high ground here and not reply to your comment. Best of luck w/ the sale.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
by posting at all Rodney ,your comment about not commenting is a bit childish and i was as accommodating as possible to you and now your acting out as your posts only serve to hinder the sale.
from my gmail to Rodney after no less than a handful of pms and an additional handful of emails and enough pictures to choke a donkey

Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 11:37 PM
To: rodney wright
Subject: Re: 08 hood

"Must be the pics Rodney. The vents are as they should be and nowhere near the dip. This is all fine and dandy but if you dont want it im posting it first come first serve. Take care"

i dont think that was all that rude..maybe a bit short but we had a ton of communication before that. my next post in this thread is time stamped the same day at 12:01pm and your name was not used at all yet you felt the need to foul this post with your horse flop....twice and that was after your email to me full of attitude. And im not sure what planet you were hatched on but...

"I just fielded an email where I kinda gave up after someone talked about a problem that didn't exist with the vents...its ok if you dont want it guys"

...isnt even close to bad mouthing . please find another post to troll and dont send angry emails to my gmail anymore as they will just get blocked now. This hood was put up for sale as a way to give back to the IMBOC at a $$ loss and I was never playing at anything. In the end if no one comes for it and i chop it into 4 pieces and toss it in a dumpster I will be fine as I wrote it all off when i bought a 2016 GT PP earlier this month.

No games at all and i even posted why the "member" wasnt sure about wanting it, talk about transparent...just thought some other Bullitthead would love to grab it up like i did when i had a B

Kern

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sold- thank you all for looking

·
Car Whisperer
20,870 Posts
glad you were able to sell it!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts