Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mrt Cai-sign in here if interested in purchasing

I have been getting a few inquiries about the MRT CAI. I have contacted MRT to see if they would be willing to put it back into production.

I am waiting to hear the number it would take.

If you are genuinely iterested in purchasing one of these. Please sign in here and I will let MRT know the number.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey folks, I was as MRT last week and Dan & I were looking at the K&N set up
on my Bullitt. The flang that the air filter box mounts to looks identical to
the K&N so Dan was going to check out using a GT airbox on a K&N kit.
I have to admitt the MRT filter box & cover looks great and if they can do it
it may be another option should MRT not be able to get another run of
the originals.

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
I am interested in one and was looking at it this week but saw it was not available on the web site.
Are they discontinuing it?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I emailed them about a month ago and was informed then that they were discontinued. So if we can get a another run of these I am very interested.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i know its been awhile but here is the latest bad news.

the only way mrt will put this back into production is with an order of at least 100.

my only other thought is to contact street smart directly (they made it to mrt specs) and see what they say.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
My son has an 03 Mach 1 with the MRT StreetSmart Design CAI. The hose that connects the intake pipe to the throttle body got soft and the fitting for the pcv valve came loose in the hose and the hole is enlarged out of shape. He called MRT and they said they know about that problem with the StreetSmart Design CAIs and that's why they discontinued selling them. He contacted StreetSmart Design and they are going to make him a new hose and send it to him. We are not sure if this will happen again to the new hose or not, but it sounds like there are some others on the Mach 1 forum that have had this problem. May be the same reason they discontinued the Bullitt CAIs.

·
Registered
580 Posts
MRT Cold Air Intake Kit

However late it may be I bring good news for somebody. I no longer have my Bullitt but I do still have a few special BULLITT items boxed in my parts bin. Just browsing through the site today I came across this ancient thread about the MRT Cold Air Intake kit for the '01 BULLITT being discontinued way back in the day ... 2007!!!

I have a brand new in the box MRT Cold Air Intake kit (with K&N filter) including the much-cherished Scott Hoag signature plate. FWIW, this particular kit was one of the very last out the door from MRT in late '07. You know what a rare find this is but I'm willing to sell for what I paid for it 6+ years later. BNIB and never installed.

If anyone is interested please shoot me a PM.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts