Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many of you guys run it on your cars or know of someone that does. The price seems pretty good for an all stainless set-up and the sound clip they have sounds pretty nice, just looking for personal experience. thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I have that setup.

I went with MRT's Stainless H-Pipe w/cats and their MRT Max Thunder 304SS Catback with the 3.5" Brushed Tips. I had MRT unbolt the entire system rather than cutting it out. I kept the OEM parts for later reinstall if necessary.

Awesome sound. Has the '60's muscle car sound. The sound clip doesn't really do justice to the setup. If you have ever seen the movie "Bullitt", this setup exactly mimics the sound from the movie

I haven't turned on my radio since the install about 18 months ago! :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
SmokinBullitt said:
I haven't turned on my radio since the install about 18 months ago! :grin:
Have you driven your car since then? I thought that it just sat in the garage appreciating :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm, its tempting. Kind of insane the price of the h-pipe is about the same as the cat-back... Anyone have experience with this exhaust and an X-pipe?

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
My son has a Bassani catted X pipe and the MRT Max Thunder catback. It sounds very good! I'd still go with an H pipe if it were me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, i found a good deal on a bassani catted x but i have heard good things about the mrt H-pipe. Smoking bullitt, do you have a sound clip or video?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
slow_bullitt said:
yeah, i found a good deal on a bassani catted x but i have heard good things about the mrt H-pipe. Smoking bullitt, do you have a sound clip or video?
+1 to that:wink:

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
slow_bullitt said:
Like someone else said, go to www.mrt-direct.com and click on EXHAUSTS. There is a sound clip there. Again, the audio doesn't do justice to the actual sound. If you go with the same setup as I have, you will not regret it!

Send an email to Dan Garn at [email protected]. Dan is one of the sales reps at MRT and he can fill you in on the details. Tell him Bill Flynn sent you.

·
Administrator
6,311 Posts
I can claim "guinea pig" status for the H-pipe with Max Thunder catback. That sound clip on the MRT site is my car literally 15 minutes after they were put on at their shop. Scott Hoag told me this was the first customer car that had them at the time.

Over time, the sound has grown a bit deeper in tone and the volume is up a bit. It is muscular, with some drone at the 2000 RPM level.

If you don't keep your stock mufflers, I would definitely recommend this combination on the Bullitt (as well as the Mach).

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Tony Alonso said:
I can claim "guinea pig" status for the H-pipe with Max Thunder catback. That sound clip on the MRT site is my car literally 15 minutes after they were put on at their shop. Scott Hoag told me this was the first customer car that had them at the time.

Over time, the sound has grown a bit deeper in tone and the volume is up a bit. It is muscular, with some drone at the 2000 RPM level.

If you don't keep your stock mufflers, I would definitely recommend this combination on the Bullitt (as well as the Mach).
Ditto. Definitely has gotten deeper in tone, and loudness is up a notch or two.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
5111 said:
Have you driven your car since then? I thought that it just sat in the garage appreciating :D
I think I have driven it 4 times since the install! .....not! :grin:

You can tell by the sig pic that IT IS a garage queen! :lol:

I will take a pic of ITS garage this weekend. I built a standalone garage on my property for 2679 complete with a cupola with a Mustang weather vane!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
SmokinBullitt said:
I think I have driven it 4 times since the install! .....not! :grin:

You can tell by the sig pic that IT IS a garage queen! :lol:

I will take a pic of ITS garage this weekend. I built a standalone garage on my property for 2679 complete with a cupola with a Mustang weather vane!

That is classic! My wife thinks I have it bad, wait til I show her your last post. Might get me off the hook for using the house vacuum the other night to get the crevices around the spark plug recesses on #0005.....John R :smile:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
That is classic! My wife thinks I have it bad, wait til I show her your last post. Might get me off the hook for using the house vacuum the other night to get the crevices around the spark plug recesses on #0005.....John R :smile:
:rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts