Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using the MRT Max Thunder cat back with X-pipe,with or without cats.
Wanted to get an idea of the sound.
Their website only has a clip of a Mach 1 with H-pipe.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Mus408 said:
Anyone using the MRT Max Thunder cat back with X-pipe,with or without cats.
Wanted to get an idea of the sound.
Their website only has a clip of a Mach 1 with H-pipe.
Unfortunately I don't have a sound clip, but I had them on my car and was very pleased. Sounds similar to Flowmasters (but a little different and maybe a little more ?quite?)or a louder version of the stock exhaust. Too bad you don't live near Columbus, I have a cat back I would let go cheap. They would not fit with the MM heavy duty torque arm/rear suspension.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I have their Max Thunder system but with the H-pipe (check my sig). You can go to www.mrt-direct.com and under exhausts, they have a sound clip. It doesn't due justice tothe setup.

With mine, it sounds like a '60's muscle car, and somewhat loud (but in a good way). Scott Hoag personally installed mine! :grin:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
My son has the MRT Max Thunder catback with a Bassani catted X pipe on his 03 Mach 1. It sounds VERY GOOD! He had welded in Flowmasters before installing the Max Thunder. The Max Thunder is a better quality sound than the Flowmasters and I think it is at least as loud, maybe louder than the Flowmasters. He's very happy with it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Are all the MRT cat backs Chambered Mufflers??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts