Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spoke to Scott @ MRT, and he said that the hood has gone back to the tooling phase where they are working on an underhood "cabinet" to seal the current air box. So to answer the main question, yes this hood will be taking the stock designed CAI into account. He hopes to have engineering sign off on the hood by late next week and begin production/sales shortly after. This hood will work with the MRT hood struts as well.

Also, he confirmed that they are working with SilverHorse Racing who is providing the quarter louvers for their Reload package.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Dang it! No preliminary pics or anything? I wonder if it just going to be the SHR flush fit louver or if they working on a different design....

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wally05 said:
Dang it! No preliminary pics or anything? I wonder if it just going to be the SHR flush fit louver or if they working on a different design....
No- same exact ones was my understanding... I had told him I just installed them (SHR louvers) yesterday, and he responded with exactly what I was trying to in my other thread "that mod isn't for everyone, but when it's done- it's well worth it." He made it sound like the SHR louvers as we know them are what he is putting in the Reload.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
droopysbullitt said:
He's not going to tell you... :D And they may be doing a new louver just for MRT :wink:!!
Why wouldn't he tell :confused: ? Everyone knows MRT is planning on doing a Reload, and he confirmed that SHR is providing the louvers- I didn't think to ask if they were the same or custom made louvers (but I'd think he'd say if someone asked). No matter- it's not like I'm taking out the current SHR louvers I just installed anyway :cool:, but the more options Bullitt owners are provided with, the better.

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
Scott still has a little Ford showmanship left in him. He wants the whole package on a car and seen as a complete package. Ask the old timers around here about the Interceptor project. Several Bullttheads were involved and it was kept secret up until they left for SEMA! I don't know for sure if he is just using the same SHR louvers but if he is going to the trouble of making a complete new hood ......

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120048&highlight=interceptor

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
droopysbullitt said:
Scott still has a little Ford showmanship left in him. He wants the whole package on a car and seen as a complete package. Ask the old timers around here about the Interceptor project. Several Bullttheads were involved and it was kept secret up until they left for SEMA! I don't know for sure if he is just using the same SHR louvers but if he is going to the trouble of making a complete new hood ......

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120048&highlight=interceptor

gotcha... that would be pretty cool to have custom parts made from different perfomance racing places combined to create the Reload. I just hope we get some photo shots within the next couple of weeks.

I had no problem with jumping the gun and getting the current SHR louvers once I saw Chip's, but I have no choice but to wait for the only hood I want to be created.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Interesting. I mentioned a while back that I was wondering how the SHR-style louvers would look if they took a little more influence from the 67-68 fastback louvers. It would certainly be neat if that's what MRT has in mind.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Over the last year or so Marcello of SHR has talked a lot over on TMS about the process behind bringing his louvers to market. He indicated on numerous occasions that the cost of tooling for those louvers was rather high. For him to invest in yet more tooling to make a second design I'd think he'd need some sort of assurance of how many sets of louvers he'd sell. I'm just not sure that Scott could sell enough Reload kits to make re-tooling economical. :confused:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just spoke with Scott and I explained that I had a set of SHR louvers but that before installing I wanted to know if the MRT Reload louver would be different. He understood why I wanted to know because he said that's a part you definitely want to install right the first time and only once. He also told me that the Reload louver will be the same as the current SHR louver.

As far as my last post about in which I said that I hope to be dead wrong about this hood starting to feel like a phantom product... I'm glad to say that I think I was dead wrong. :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cwebb said:
Just spoke with Scott and I explained that I had a set of SHR louvers but that before installing I wanted to know if the MRT Reload louver would be different. He understood why I wanted to know because he said that's a part you definitely want to install right the first time and only once. He also told me that the Reload louver will be the same as the current SHR louver.

As far as my last post about in which I said that I hope to be dead wrong about this hood starting to feel like a phantom product... I'm glad to say that I think I was dead wrong. :D
Thanks for the clarification cwebb! And I also felt reassured of this not being a phantom product after speaking to Scott directly too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.