Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody had installed mud flaps on their car yet and if had to drill holes and where you bought them at? I bought the officail Ford ones and they require that you drill a hole in the body of the car. Both the dealer and I thought they use clips or current holes for mounting but this does not seem to be the case. The dealer is supposed to look into this but even he admitted that he hasn't seen many bullitts. So I was hoping someone knows something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-11-25 00:56 ]</font>

·
Registered
204 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-09 09:29, mr.pj wrote:
I was wondering if anybody had installed mud flaps on their car yet and if had to drill holes and where you bought them at? I bought the officail Ford ones and they require that you drill a hole in the body of the car. Both the dealer and I thought they use clips or current holes for mounting but this does not seem to be the case. The dealer is supposed to look into this but even he admitted that he hasn't seen many bullitts. So I was hoping someone knows something.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Check out this thread. Dennis has them on his Bullitt and they don't look bad at all. I'm going to install them on mine when I can scrape up the money to put the wheel spacers on. http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=3117&forum=2&59

DHG #3272
99 Honda VFR interceptor

"Remember; no matter where you go, there you are."- B. Banzai

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CoolerKing on 2001-11-09 12:07 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I have them on my Bullitt, and they look great. You DO NOT have to drill any holes. Mine is held with just the center screw thats on the car. I didn't want to drill unnecessary holes. It is very secure.
Anyone who wants mud flaps, go for it. You will not be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
go to TSKatz's web site. teddy installed them in the rear and they look pretty good!
he's got pics at the site

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I had mention on a previous post about the mud flaps that they did not do a lot to keep stuff off of the rear quarter. Here is a pic, see what I mean...

They still look good though.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
donwil

I purchased the mud guards from Ford. They have a small Mustang on them, but you can hardly see it. They look great! Go for it! :smile:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Thanks Bullitt4995 & Mid Life Crisis #388, I remember the other post but wanted to make sure that they were the same MFs.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I also put the ford flaps on my car . I also only used the center hole so I would not have to drill any holes . They look great and are not going to fall off . Andy H

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
I mounted Groboski splash guards on DHG 3875.
No holes are drilled in the Bullitt, but you
must drill the flaps to accomodate the existing screws of the Bullitt. Since there is only one screw on the front rocker, velcro was used to mount the top of the guard to the car. It stays put! On the rear guards there are two existing screws. The guard is drilled for the lower screw, but for the top a small "V" notch is cut on the top edge to maximize the length of the guard.
Bought Groboski guards at Walmart.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collin Wayne on 2001-11-30 17:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collin Wayne on 2001-11-30 18:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collin Wayne on 2001-11-30 18:02 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Also, I am such a paint protection freak that before I mounted the guards, black plastic tape (3M) was placed on paint that the guard would touch when mounted (front rockers too). The tape is out of view once the guards are on but the True Blue Bullittheads may want to use blue plastic tape.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collin Wayne on 2001-11-30 15:48 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
They hang lower in the rear for more protection. Also, because of the unique rockers in the front, the Ford guards won't
fit. These Groboski guards are simple flat
duraflex plastic that do fit on the front of the rockers. I was told by the Ford dealer that I
would have to drill into the Bullitt for the
rears. Only have to drill the Groboski guards, not the Bullitt. Don't have a picture
since I don't know how to send that stuff on
the computer. New at this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collin Wayne on 2001-11-30 18:01 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collin Wayne on 2001-11-30 18:12 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Also, the packaging for the Groboski guards
can be deceiving. It describes them as intended for trucks, vans and suvs, not cars.
Part number on packaging is 10070. They really look nice and almost unnoticable on
the front rockers.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
I HAVE ALSO SEEN MUD GUARDS FROM FORD MOTOR
SPORTS ON RACE MUSTANGS I DETAIL. THEY ARE
VERY SIMILAR TO THE GROBOSKI BRAND. THEY ALSO
HAVE THE FORD MOTORSPORT LOGO IN WHITE
STAMPED ON IT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collin Wayne on 2001-11-30 19:56 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
TO KFENGLER, YOU HAD SAID ON AN EARLIER
POSTING ON THIS TOPIC THAT THE AFT LOWER
QUARTER PANELS ARE PLASTIC. YOU ARE CORRECT
SIR, HOWEVER THEY ARE MOUNTED ON A METAL
SUBFRAME WHICH GOES ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE
BOTTOM AND CONTINUES INWARD FORMING A LIP.
I NOTICED PINHOLE RUSTSPOTS ON THIS NOT SO
PAINTED WELL SURFACE WHICH WAS QUICKLY
Q-TIPPED WITH KLEANSTRIP RUST CONVERTER.
CHEMO THAT CANCER!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts