Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, don't laugh, but being the idiot I am, I did something sad to 5049. I went to Denny's at 2 AM on Tuesday, and I parked at an empty parking lot. It was one of the ones where you could park, and someone could park in front of you with their car looking at you. Like any normal parking lot, there was a cinder block separating both of them. On the way out, my friend, who was parked next to me, pulled back, but I was thinking, why not just go forward? I didn't notice the cinder block, so I went over it with my tires aiming to the left because I wanted to turn around, and I stopped immediately. Both my front left and right tires went over it completely, but right when I stopped, my left tire was barely over, while my right one was over and more, down to the front mud guard. I cracked the mud guard, so now I have to get that replaced. Where can I buy a DHG front right molded mud guard? Also, I'm afraid I might of messed up the catalytic converter, which if I'm not mistaken, is the first thing coming down from the engine. It's covered with a heat shield, but when I look at it, it looks a tiny bit lower than the left one. What can I do to get it checked out? I'm getting my next oil change soon, so if I was to look under the car, what exactly should I look for? I'm going to work right now, I'll be back to explain something else I noticed on the same side.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
DizzyBonne, sorry to hear about that. Easy thing to do. I did that with a police cruiser at work one day.

No fun.

:cry:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All of my car savvy friends looked at it real quick by just getting on the floor and looking at it from the side and told me it's fine, and it doesn't matter if the right one looks a centimeter lower than the left. If it was damaged at all, it'd be easy to tell just by looking at it, but if I wanna be sure, just take a look at it my self when I get my oil changed. He also said if I damaged it a lot, I could easily tell by the way it accelerates.

$120 for the mud guard without the paint, then get it painted separately? Where can I buy one anyway, any official Ford dealership? Also, where should I get it painted to match the DHG? I'd obviously want the official DHG that Ford makes, so maybe the same dealership, at its body shop? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
DiZzyBonne said:
All of my car savvy friends looked at it real quick by just getting on the floor and looking at it from the side and told me it's fine, and it doesn't matter if the right one looks a centimeter lower than the left. If it was damaged at all, it'd be easy to tell just by looking at it, but if I wanna be sure, just take a look at it my self when I get my oil changed. He also said if I damaged it a lot, I could easily tell by the way it accelerates.

$120 for the mud guard without the paint, then get it painted separately? Where can I buy one anyway, any official Ford dealership? Also, where should I get it painted to match the DHG? I'd obviously want the official DHG that Ford makes, so maybe the same dealership, at its body shop? Thanks.

on the part ya a dealer or 50resto.com and with the paint its py paint code and that paint was actually used on taurus's and f150s

·
Registered
771 Posts
I too can admit to doing something similar...

It involved an 87 Cutlass and a set of ramps though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts