Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a good sounding, louder than stock replacement muffler? I got to hear Dee's with the Magnapack system and it sounds great, but I don't want to buy a whole new catback. I've tried to just buy the Magnapack mufflers, but Magnaflow doesn't seem to offer them that way. It was also mentioned the regular Magnaflow's were quieter than our stockers, so don't want to go that route. I have an O/R X-pipe, so probably not Flowmasters since they sound best with the H-pipes. What other options are there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
798 Posts
I have a Bassani catback on my car with a dr. gas o/r x-pipe. I absolutely love the sound not raspy at all surprisingly. It's quiet when putting around, but screams at wide open throttle (my longtubes may have something to do with that). I am not sure if Bassani just sells mufflers or not, you could call and fine out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
656 Posts
BLACK_2425 said:
I am not sure if Bassani just sells mufflers or not, you could call and fine out.
Yes Bassani does sell mufflers separate. You just need the dimensions and they will hook you up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bullitt 736 said:
I could've sworn I had seen Magnaflow mufflers prices separately somewhere. Did you hear Dillo Dave's exhaust at Nats. He has Magnaflow I believe.

Yeah, I heard his and it does sound good. I got to follow Dee a few times in traffic though and those Magnapacks sounded tough! I haven't been able to find the Magnapack mufflers by themselves, just the regular Magnafloy mufflers and the catbacks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Hooker Aerochambers are louder than stock, but not overbearing. Its like a deeper, louder stock system. Very little drone, if any.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,703 Posts
Try surfing the classifieds on several of the Mustang boards. Fairly often you will find someone selling thier Magnapacks because they are too loud. That is how I found mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,763 Posts
Flowmaster 40s i have stock exaust manifolds, cats, and piping. here is a vid of my car with the set up.

<a href="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2793757">Better burn out</a><br><embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/myspacetv_vplayer0005.swf" flashvars="m=2793757&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed><br><a href="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.addToProfileConfirm&videoid=2793757&title=Better burn out">Add to My Profile</a> | <a href="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.home"> More Videos</a>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys. I will look into Bassani and search around for people trying to sell the magnapacks. I had Flowmasters on my first Bullitt with the stock midpipe and it sounded pretty decent, but not loud enough. I've had Flows on every other vehicle I've owned and they sound best with an H-Pipe. They just don't sound as good with the X pipe. I want the car to sound nice and throaty driving around town and pi$$sed off at WOT. SLP I guess would be another option, so I may check them out as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,000 Posts
Does anyone know the dimensions of the stock Bullitt mufflers? I am considering picking up just a set of mufflers so I can run my stock piping but am not sure what size to look at. Thanks in advance!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,853 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
Psh, why? I Think it sounds fine lol
Aaron-do you find yourself cruising at 1200 rpm to hear the sweet sounding Vortech whistle like I do? When Robin & I are cruising locally here I try to stick it in 2nd gear at 1100-1200 rpm-that seems to be the sweet spot for the most noise out of the V2. I actually wish it was louder-I love the sound it makes....John R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I believe they're offset on the outlet if not also on the inlet so my plan to replace just the muflers with the SLP resonators probably won't work. I'm just gonna have to buy the catback. Do you need the exact measurements or just what the offset is? Sounds like we're in the same boat. I really don't want to get a whole catback, just the mufflers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,763 Posts
itsabullitt said:
I believe they're offset on the outlet if not also on the inlet so my plan to replace just the muflers with the SLP resonators probably won't work. I'm just gonna have to buy the catback. Do you need the exact measurements or just what the offset is? Sounds like we're in the same boat. I really don't want to get a whole catback, just the mufflers.

If you are just replacing the mufflers. take it to a muffler shop that does good work. they will replace the mufflers and the pipes coming from the cats into the mufflers. at least that what my guy did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,763 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
Aaron-do you find yourself cruising at 1200 rpm to hear the sweet sounding Vortech whistle like I do? When Robin & I are cruising locally here I try to stick it in 2nd gear at 1100-1200 rpm-that seems to be the sweet spot for the most noise out of the V2. I actually wish it was louder-I love the sound it makes....John R

Yeah, its a wonderful sound. for some reason i feel my V2 is louder than most, idk why but it does sound louder. plus i have a 20 times louder Blow of Valve. i was following a guy with full exaust and he was about 200 feet in front of me, and he could here it blowing off and even just running, even when we were pushing it. i love my vortech, but i can't wait to go with the kenny bell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,853 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
Yeah, its a wonderful sound. for some reason i feel my V2 is louder than most, idk why but it does sound louder. plus i have a 20 times louder Blow of Valve. i was following a guy with full exaust and he was about 200 feet in front of me, and he could here it blowing off and even just running, even when we were pushing it. i love my vortech, but i can't wait to go with the kenny bell.
KB's are awesome. If I hadn't come across #0005 my original plan was to find a low mileage Bullitt and do the Kenne Bell thing. The KB "sound" is like no other. I'd love to someday be able to drive one just to see the difference between the centrifugal & the twin screw.....John R
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top