Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i looked up 0898.
i need to have my air bag computer reprogramed.
That one was issued back in 2008. I think most of the Bullitts were updated before the dealer sold the vehicle but since you have a low number, it was most likely sold before the recall came out. I had 0852 reprogrammed with it's first oil change.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
No recalls for 0075 so all other above that should be good. For now.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
0533 vin is on the recall list.
WWAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:frown:
What's your build date? It's got to be later than mine. WWAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!:frown:
My question is, if we have to go through this recall will we be able to get air bags with BULLITT on them. If not I may disregard.:mad: and drive with safety glasses :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
WWAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:frown:
What's your build date? It's got to be later than mine. WWAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!:frown:
My question is, if we have to go through this recall will we be able to get air bags with BULLITT on them. If not I may disregard.:mad: and drive with safety glasses :cool:

From what I have read on the forums it seems like they replace the airbag module and re-use the airbag cover.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Just found this on Ford Media:

This expanded recall includes 2005-2008 Ford Mustang vehicles built Aug. 18, 2004 to June 25, 2007 at Flat Rock Assembly Plant

I suspect all of our Bullitts are in the clear.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice find, looks like our bullitts should be all clear :smile:

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Notice that Takata is more concerned about cars located in humid areas.

Just further evidence that we need to guard our cars from condensation damage, especially minimally driven cars.

·
Administrator
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
That's why I have a 10" oscillating fan running all the time in my garage to keep the air moving and keep everything the same temperature.
I used to see a LOT of condensation on the underside of my car. Now I don't.
It's a closed 1-car garage with a cement floor.

·
Registered
162 Posts
All,
With the latest headlines, is everyone still clear on this recall. I have to revisit the VIN site, but was in the clear a few months ago.
Carl

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Thanks for the update Mike.

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
Another way to check is to go to a site straight from the horses mouth...the "official" government list.

www.safercar.org

Good luck getting on tho...heavy traffic site with all the TV publicity recently

21 - 40 of 76 Posts