Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Another way to check is to go to a site straight from the horses mouth...the "official" government list.

www.safercar.org

Good luck getting on tho...heavy traffic site with all the TV publicity recently
I found safercar.org just directed me to the Ford site. Nothing on mine there yet. But even if it did show up I doubt I would bother with the swap right away. Except for when it's being driven it's been in a climate-controlled garage since I've owned it so I'm not worried at all.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Got mine yesterday too for my 2014 Mustang. Doesn't seem to matter much at this time though since it says we will be notified once parts are available to complete the repair.

·
Registered
29,353 Posts
Guys,

Received the Air-Bag notice yesterday so guess I'll be visiting a local Ford Dealership once my Bullitt is back home.

Better SAFE than possibly Real-Sorry !!!

Terry

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
The notifications we're all receiving in the mail is just Ford acknowledging that their is a problem and that they are working to fix it.

There is NO reason to take your Bullitt in for service at this time as your dealer will juat tell you to wait until you receive another letter daying its time to actually come in for a fix.

Taking it in, now will just be a waste of time...

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I was at my Ford dealer and he looked my 08 B up and it had a recall on it. When i asked him how long it takes he was not sure as they had not done many yet. I decided to wait and let them practice on others before I bring mine in.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
08 Bullitt & my 04 Ranger got the same recall..

·
Registered
831 Posts
Just like some others, I too received the recall. Of course there is zero action right now. Must be a legal thing to send the notices out... So now we cant sue because we were made aware the airbags may kill us.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I was at my Ford dealer and he looked my 08 B up and it had a recall on it. When i asked him how long it takes he was not sure as they had not done many yet. I decided to wait and let them practice on others before I bring mine in.
They can't "fix" the problem now, anyways, because they don't have new, repaired airbags from Takata, yet.

·
Registered
831 Posts
ALL S197 Mustangs are affected.
oh yea sorry, I was just commenting that I got the notice in the mail.

at least with my jeep, the notice that getting rear-ended may cause the gas tank to explode had a solution :wink:

·
Registered
502 Posts
A salesman at Brandon Ford(big Mustang mover in the Tampa bay/central Fl area) told me they sent 13 or so of their leftover 2014s to auction because Ford would fine them for selling retail without the recall, and there is no fix. It made more sense for them to move them at auction, where they can legally sell them.

at least with my jeep, the notice that getting rear-ended may cause the gas tank to explode had a solution :wink:
Yeah, a free towing setup. Pretty sweet deal, unless you had already shelled out the cash because you needed to tow things prior to the recall.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Ditto here.... received this week, and just like everyone else, no fix in sight.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Someone on a local forum mentioned that he was buying a new 2015 because the dealership couldn't legally sell him a 2014 while the recall job was still open on it. They told him that they expect those to be ready the first quarter of 2016.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts