Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Got my "don't call us, we'll call you." letter yesterday.
Had mine in the mail when we got back from our trip, surprised the mail box didn't explode :shock:

·
Registered
37 Posts
and I join the ranks of the notified via letter from Ford.

as a small silver lining here I am hoping I can sweet talk the dealership into pulling the dent I put in the Bullitt steering wheel emblem by over powering the horn with my fist

·
Registered
9 Posts
I get my recall letter and now a couple weeks later my damn airbag light is on. Happen to anyone else and is it even worth getting it looked at as they have no replacement parts?

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I get my recall letter and now a couple weeks later my damn airbag light is on. Happen to anyone else and is it even worth getting it looked at as they have no replacement parts?
My understanding is they will service the ones with the fail lights first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the info, do you know if I should call and set something up now or wait til I get the letter that parts are available?

·
Administrator
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #66 (Edited)
Thanks for the info, do you know if I should call and set something up now or wait til I get the letter that parts are available?
Better to stop in now and at least get it 'on record'.
Besides, it Might be something else wrong in the system than the 'bag.

BTW....A small congrats to Ford for saving postage and combining the recall notices for my 09 Bullitt and my wife's 09 GT into one letter.....:frown:

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
BTW....A small congrats to Ford for saving postage and combining the recall notices for my 09 Bullitt and my wife's 09 GT into one letter.....:frown:

I noticed the same thing. The letter I received covered both my 08 Bullitt and wifey's 10 V6.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Finally got my passenger air bag replaced today. Learned two interesting things: Ford, and other manufacturers, are reusing the air bag inflator cages and installing new inflator units. My "new inflator module was a little rusty on the outside cage. Secondly, the parts lady says that some of the air bag inflators might have to be replaced again at some point. Honda has had multiple replacements on some models, especially in humid climates.
Incidentally, there are some replacement Bullit airbag dash panels available if yours gets damaged.

Over and out

·
Registered
198 Posts
Finally got my passenger air bag replaced today. Learned two interesting things: Ford, and other manufacturers, are reusing the air bag inflator cages and installing new inflator units. My "new inflator module was a little rusty on the outside cage. Secondly, the parts lady says that some of the air bag inflators might have to be replaced again at some point. Honda has had multiple replacements on some models, especially in humid climates.
Incidentally, there are some replacement Bullit airbag dash panels available if yours gets damaged.

Over and out
Thanks for the info regarding the availability of Bullitt airbag dash panels. I had my passenger airbag replaced a while back but not surprisingly no one mentioned reuse of the airbag inflator cage. I''m in SoCal so I guess that's not an issue? Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
So we get std GT replacement panels? I assume a std GT steering wheel cover too :mad::frown::question:

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Anyone know the part# of the plastic dash panel on passenger side (under aluminum panel & above glove box)? Dealership chipped the crap out of mine when replacing passenger airbag last week.

I'm super pee'd b/c I held off on this recall w/the fear something would get damaged and by God my fears came true. Right when I got in driver's seat I saw little chips along top edge of plastic dash and, of course, the service tech says " are you sure those weren't there?" I almost back-handed him right there...>.<

I don't know how any shop could obviously see a semi-rare mint condition car come into their shop that's detailed to the hilt and not at least place a rag, or $.02 piece of painter's tape on plastic before prying...ug!!!

Anyway, they're working w/me & agree to get me a new panel...I'll replace...just need the part# - thks!

·
Administrator
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I took pictures with timestamps the day I took the car in for airbag work. Fortunately nothing happened.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I took pictures with timestamps the day I took the car in for airbag work. Fortunately nothing happened.
Me too...learned long ago to never trust the dealer's crew. Also take mileage shots to ensure they don't "joy-ride" your car to impress friends/co-workers.

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Your dealer should be able to pull up the part #?
Ya, I'm expecting this, but thought I'd also assist w/research, but Ford's site doesn't show this particular piece/part.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts