Votes: 28 37.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen it mentioned both ways in press articles. What is the correct (or preferred) way to refer to the model?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'm assuming Mustang Bullitt, simply because it's a Mustang, and what type? It's a Bullitt. People call it Bullitt Mustang simply because some people prefer saying the type first.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
DiZzyBonne said:
I'm assuming Mustang Bullitt, simply because it's a Mustang, and what type? It's a Bullitt. People call it Bullitt Mustang simply because some people prefer saying the type first.
I agree. :smile:

Some of us (me) are lazy and call it the "B" in these forums and when conversing with other Bullittheads (Bheads?)...but when conversing with civilians (non-Bullittheads) I have most often heard Mustang Bullitt...and I like to add "GT" to that because in reality it is a type of GT. :nerd:

Also, there is a certain Bullitthead (chilli bullitt) that will go into an EXTREMELY FAST 15 second complete technical run-down of the 2001 B. It's quite amazing to listen to but after you've heard it 20 times within an hour (at car shows) you tend to tune him out. :lol:

·
Registered
771 Posts
If it was Bullitt Mustang....

We'd be on IBMOC.Com

IMBOC.Com sounds better. :)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Cochese said:
I agree. :smile:

Some of us (me) are lazy and call it the "B" in these forums and when conversing with other Bullittheads (Bheads?)...but when conversing with civilians (non-Bullittheads) I have most often heard Mustang Bullitt...and I like to add "GT" to that because in reality it is a type of GT. :nerd:

Also, there is a certain Bullitthead (chilli bullitt) that will go into an EXTREMELY FAST 15 second complete technical run-down of the 2001 B. It's quite amazing to listen to but after you've heard it 20 times within an hour (at car shows) you tend to tune him out. :lol:
I just call it "the BULLITT" and let the chips fall where they may ... :shine:

CHILI BULLITT ... ROCK ON MY BROTHER ... :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
The way I see it is as follows:

Make: Ford
Model: Mustang
Trim: GT
Option Package: Bullitt Package

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
TXBLUOVAL said:
I just call it "the BULLITT" and let the chips fall where they may ... :shine:

CHILI BULLITT ... ROCK ON MY BROTHER ... :D
I'm with TX on this one.

It's a Bullitt.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
PhotoRick said:
The window sticker says Mustang Bullitt, doesn't it?
Yes. (sort of)

It states "Mustang" in large font then to the right in smaller font "2001 Bullitt GT Coupe".

Click on the pic below to enlarge it.

Not sure how the 2008 Bullitt window sticker will be configured but I would think it would be similar.

Attachments

·
Registered
670 Posts
Mustang Bullitt, Bullitt Mustang, Bullitt.....symantics. (But I always say Mustang Bullitt).

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Mustang Bullitt is the Bullitt edition Mustang built by Ford.

Bullitt Mustang is the '68 of the movie :badgrin: :badgrin: :D

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
It's a Bullitt, plain and simple.

if pressed further, I'll say that it based on a Mustang GT, but improved...

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
IMBOC not IBMOC

FDWheelMan said:
If it was Bullitt Mustang....

We'd be on IBMOC.Com

IMBOC.Com sounds better. :)
Excellent point! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Steve

·
Registered
1,792 Posts

Depends on the audience.

Ford calls it the "Mustang Bullitt" (like they do DHG and 3rd Gen.... oh never mind! :wink:)

Among people in the know, I call it the "Bullitt".

When new people ask "what is it?", if I say Mustang first, I see them jump to a conclusion. If I say Bullitt, they are :confused: thinking 'a bullet' or that I'm referring to its speed.

So now I introduce it to newbies as the "Steve McQueen Mustang from the movie Bullitt".

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
I'd say the 01 is a Mustang Bullitt because it has a GT badge on the fender, but the 08 is a Bullitt Mustang because it is much closer to the original :tongue:

Ooops..I think I just said some fightin' words :bigguns: :wink:

·
Registered
171 Posts
dro said:
I've seen it mentioned both ways in press articles. What is the correct (or preferred) way to refer to the model?
It's a Mustang Bullitt, but I prefer (correct or not) to call it a Bullitt Mustang.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
37,525 Posts
BULLITT!

dro said:
Very simple. It's a BULLITT!When folks are standing, slack-jawed and staring, and ask, "What IS that?", I simply smile and say, "It's a BULLITT." If they inquire further, I adjust the collar on my turtleneck sweater and add, "It's the STEVE MCQUEEN SPECIAL!" And that's that. :lol:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts