Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did the build your own car thing at the Ford website. It wouldn't let me un-check the spoiler option for some reason, so I thought it was a fixed option. Weird.

Pricing a gift for my 24-yr old. I'm wondering if the X-plan discount is less than the military discount (he's Army), or if one can apply both discounts.

Wheels? Would like to look at some after-market styles, solid wheels. Any suggestions?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
873 Posts
Zarcero said:
Did the build your own car thing at the Ford website. It wouldn't let me un-check the spoiler option for some reason, so I thought it was a fixed option. Weird.

Pricing a gift for my 24-yr old. I'm wondering if the X-plan discount is less than the military discount (he's Army), or if one can apply both discounts.

Wheels? Would like to look at some after-market styles, solid wheels. Any suggestions?
Wow Mike! You're a great Dad! Would you like to adopt a 58 year old?:lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
brucebotti said:
Wow Mike! You're a great Dad! Would you like to adopt a 58 year old?:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm just figuring it's the last toy I can get him before he has to go back to the Army. He's in graduate school right now and finishes in December. He's been driving around an old SUV.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,432 Posts
Oh heck! Get a Bullitt off the lot. Surely they would be more interested in moving one of those than the ordered GT. The upside is it already has the spoiler off the tailend and he can join IMBOC and have his Bullitt too!;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DavidMidgley said:
Oh heck! Get a Bullitt off the lot. Surely they would be more interested in moving one of those than the ordered GT. The upside is it already has the spoiler off the tailend and he can join IMBOC and have his Bullitt too!;-)
No Bullitt. Refuses to drive a stick unless he has too, and doesn't want to copy old Dad :smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
922 Posts
My mom ordered herself an 08 GT Premium earlier this year, and it took about 10 weeks to be built. If you don't mind the wait, I'd recommend custom ordering a car every time so that you get exactly what you want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He's decided he would like the "alloy" color. I think this is a cool color. He also mentioned he would like dark wheels similar to what's on the Bullitt, but I saw nothing like this in the options. Any ideas?

Also, is there an option to get rid of the fog lights?

Thanks,

Mike
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,492 Posts
Zarcero said:
He's decided he would like the "alloy" color. I think this is a cool color. He also mentioned he would like dark wheels similar to what's on the Bullitt, but I saw nothing like this in the options. Any ideas?

Also, is there an option to get rid of the fog lights?

Thanks,

Mike
I love the alloy color. If I didn't get the B I was probably going to order one up with a light graphite interior and spoiler delete. I most likely would have ordered an automatic with all of the bells and whistles on X-plan. There is not option an delete the fogs, but you can find the Bullitt grille online and then swap it out (and cap off the fog lamp leads). The Bullitt and GT front are the same except for the grille piece. Or you could just order him a stripped V6. :badgrin:

This year's premium alloy wheels have gray painted spokes which look pretty good.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,492 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
I'd like to be put on the adoption waiting list, too! :)

I'm younger than the other adoptive geezers at 45 (read: I'll be there for you longer pops.) Other qualities:

Enjoy drinking, golfing and hanging out with my new dad. Also, I like driving a stick unlike that other son poser! :lol:

All kidding aside, that's a great gift and I have nothing but admiration for your son's service to country. I'm sure he deserves it.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top