Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
MustangMarkus said:
He he, that's pretty cool! Saw something similar one time with a Vette (sorry, no picture). It looked pretty!
Yeah i think its Ryder, they have those small trailers that look like the back of a corvette.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Looks nice.

But, my concern is not with the trailer but with the exposed hitch when the trailer is not attached to the car. What do peeps do about that? I mean a Hot Mustang with a trailer hitch just doesn't do it for me...........

If I could find a real concealed hitch, then I would pull a small trailer with my Golf Cart on it and then have something to ride around and hang out at the various meets.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
P-51 Bullitt said:
Looks nice.

But, my concern is not with the trailer but with the exposed hitch when the trailer is not attached to the car. What do peeps do about that? I mean a Hot Mustang with a trailer hitch just doesn't do it for me...........

If I could find a real concealed hitch, then I would pull a small trailer with my Golf Cart on it and then have something to ride around and hang out at the various meets.
Jeff and Gail added a hidded trailer hitch to their Bullitt several years ago.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
It looks like a converted jet ski mounted to a trailer. I'd check it out, if reasonably priced.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Thanks for the link Greg, but that is not something that I would want on my car.

If someone could come up with it actually up behind the bumper cover and a bent type arm that would go up behind the bumper cover and slide into the hidden receiver up there, then I would be interested.

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
How could it go behind the bumper and not interfere with the fuel cell cover? The geometry would be way off for pulling having to bend like that. I think the "hidden hitch" is the best hidden you can get. I tried for something more concealing, but I never found it...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
If there is nothing better, then I will just do without it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Gail and I have had that hitch on our car since BRAND NEW. That's right it was our VERY First mod done the day after we picked the car up. since that time I have only had 2 people say wow you have a hitch on your Bullitt! We have been to well over 100 meets / car shows. I think it is pretty well hidden. Of course that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
How much does it weigh? Is it easy to remove?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
This died quickly. It is gtetting close to Nationals time, and I am wondering what happened to this thread. I could use something like this to go to Myrtle Beach with. Greg, did you ever get any info on it, or anything similar? The nearest I found was this:

http://www.trailex.com/trailgater.cfm

Not shaped like the rear of the car, but it looks functional. I am interested in the one with the tire toter. I am just afraid it will not be deep enough, though to put enough stuff in it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts