Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What day are you planning on arriving in Myrtle Beach?

• Monday

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 42.3%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mustang Week events start on Tuesday evening with a Cruise in to Planet Hollywood.
The Wednesday events are going to be great! They open up the half mile oval track in Mrytle Beach for fun runs. There is an autocross event and burn out competions. The also do stop light drag racing on the straightaways. sounds like a great time!

So my question is, when is everyone going to show up in Myrtle Beach? If quite a few are planning on coming for the week then I can set up more Bullitt Nats specific events. So it's your Nats let me know what everyone's plans are.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Is tomorrow too early? :grin: I'm still waiting on some other matters to clear themselves before I can commit.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I typically go down on Tuesday late or early Wednesday. I didn't make it to the Wednesday events this year, but several members of my club went and said they had a blast.
Thursday is the drag night and everyone meets at Hooters before heading out. Makes for a pretty good crowd, kinda like a mini cruise-in. Friday is the car show at the mall (I'm committed to this all day). Saturday is the BIG cruise-in at the mall (committed to this as well to help with parking and traffic control).

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Considering it is easily a two day drive for us we will be pulling in on Wednesday afternoon.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Looks like Wednesday for me however if later others in Texas decide to caravan to arrive on Tuesday, I can do that, too. Just need to adjust the hotel reservation accordingly and if hotel space is available for the extra night.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
gonna do wed. morning myself, as this trip is a chance to go to Chesterfield SC the two days before and see the grandparents that i haven't seen since my wedding five years ago!!!

so we definitely want to be there for both M.W. Wed stuff (the stop light racing and fun runs sound cool!!) and ALSO the Nats events we plan to do, like the inevitable "parking lot mayhem/party" on opening night, right?

shaun

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Looks like Wednesday for us...so we can caravan with the Midge-Man:D...also it will be the 1st time for me to haul the B on the trailer:eek:...may try out the trailer for the Shootout to give me some practice at that sorta thing.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
I made reservations at the Holiday Sands South (the condo building) for Tuesday-Sunday. Is that where everyone from IMBOC is staying? By the way, I have never been to Myrtle Beach; I am a little worried about taking my car there- do I need to worry, and does anyone have any tips?

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
We usually park as a group and I've read that the hotel ropes off parking.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Good to know

droopysbullitt said:
The hotel provides security of the cars and the area is roped off for Mustangs. I wouldn't worry about your car.

I worry more about the little dings that I have to look at every day than any major damage or theft. I guess I can't keep it perfect forever :grumpy:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
We just got the confirmation for our condo. Unfortunately, it is in the northern end of MB, so it's a little ways from all the Bullittheads. However, the wife and I do plan to get down that way to hang out with y'all as often as we can and I plan to be at all of the Nats events that don't interfere with my Mustang Week duties.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
On the bright side...

Bullitt 736 said:
You can take solace in knowing that if you get dinged it will be another Bullitt that does it. :smile:

Actually you don't have to worry because everyone else is usually being very careful.

At least the paint will probably match...:smile:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts