Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bullitt banner, seen in my sig photo below... was given to me by a friend who lives near Bowling Green Kentucky where that Martina McBride video was filmed. The recording company put out notice to the clubs around Nashville to bring their stangs down. My friend, Mike, has a very nice MCA award winning modified 65 coupe and his wife has 2001 black vert.
The red vert in the video is a Shelby clone. Three were only four, some say six, original shelby vertibles. In the 80's a Beverly Hills dealership, with Shelby's blessing, made 12 more. I've heard of a couple of those additional 12 around, but don't know whereabouts of the original 4.

Our 66 GT vert is quite similar. But we don't consider it a clone. You can see it here.
http://home.att.net/~drkhrse4/rmmr/rmmr_014.jpg

Joyce

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Karl, that's too funny. It is indeed a very small world.
I was cruising the net last night and was checking up on Steamboat and came across the link to his site and then found the photo of our car. Tell him thanks very much, it is now my screensaver-wallpaper!
He also has several photos of my club member's cars. I am forwarding the links to them too.

J.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Epperstang,
great to here someone has actually been able to find my site. (it has moved around a bit). I'm at work now but i have the originals of all the pics and more at home if you want them. the pony trails was a blast. maybe I'll get Karl to go with me next year! June 12-16th 2002

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: drkhrse on 2001-11-29 15:19 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We will definitely be in Steamboat again. It's a show not to miss.
Jason, if the photos are digital, I can just lift them from the site.
Thanks!
You will both need to come to our show in August. I'll send you details later.

J.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They are digital, the ones posted have been shrunk down a bit so they wouldn't take up all my server space. I'll be in steamboat next year as well in my '93 cobra again. Last year was my first roundup. I have a couple friends planning on joining me this year. I tried to come down to the show in Heber city last year but it fell thru. Is that the August show you are referring to?

·
Registered
6 Posts
thanks Karl

I forgot to mention that I have a bunch of pics from the mustang show held here in Boise back in September. I just haven't had a chance to post them on my site yet. At least there was one Bullit entered. Our shows seem very small after going to the RMMR in Steamboat.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jason that was my Bullitt at Boise. Karl took a lot of photos of it and sent them to me.
Yes, I refer to the Heber show where I was show chairman.
It was our first attempt at such a big to do, but it went off very well. Jim Smart came and took photos of 11 cars for Mustangs and Fords or Mustang Monthly.
Not as big as Steamboat, but they are our mentors. We are trying to get Jeff Ford to come do our Pony Trails.

Boy - have we strayed off topic.
There's another country music video, don't remember who, with a red 68 convertible.

J.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey, does any one know what 1996 Motion Picture includes an original Mustang ad?
This is one of my Mustang clubs newsletters trivia questions. Another one is What is diffrent on the boss 302 and the boss 429 from all other mustangs?

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Hey! I recognized that name right away: drkhrse.
Many years ago, I ran across his site and sent him pictures of my Mach.
I just checked...to sort of make sure it was the same guy, and he still has my pictures on his site.
Way cool... I had lost track of his site, now I know why!
I loved his site! It's got so much cool stuff about the '69 !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts