Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Is it worth more or less being a press car?

• Worth more

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Worth less

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Worth the same

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Call Barret Jackson!!

Votes: 1 16.7%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the time has come to think about selling #15. I'm going to be moving and can only bring one mustang. It is a public affairs car, or 'press' car so it was never sold at a dealership and therefore has no window sticker, but I do have the key tag. Does this change the value of the car? I can see it increasing the value but also decrease it because of not having a window sticker. Also it has the tape deck/cd combo, no mach audio, which is actually more rare.

·
Premium Member
12,940 Posts
My opinion...

If selling to John Q Public, probably no difference.

The distinción probably only equates to greater value in the eyes of some collecter, which, obviously is a smaller market, and, represents the challenge to you to get such attention...and then the next unknown, if you do put it up on the block to get attention, are you going to clear any more $$ after costs greater than selling it on the open mkt??

How much difference in value??
Only the buyer can provide that answer....

Opinions of course arent generally worth much other than to the one spittin it! 😏

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
You have to establish the provenance of your Bullitt as an unique "press" early build.
Get a Marti report, see what info Marti has. A full report breaks down the build by options.
Get a Bullitt certificate from Ford Show Parts.
Run a CarFax, might have initial registration info.
Look under the back seat and behind the trunk liners. The build sheet might still be there.
Contact Tony Alonzo, our resident Bullitt expert.
Google magazine articles on the 01 introduction period. Your car might be mentioned.
Google the VIN #.
Anything substantiated to cause a buyer to see your Bullitt as unique...

·
Administrator
6,536 Posts
The condition of the car and its originality are probably the biggest influencing factors in the perceived value. You've got some good insights from the folks posting above. Do you know if the car was used at the media launch in San Francisco?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Lots of good information listed above so I can only add the following suggestion, contact your local Ford Service Manager and ask him to run an Oasis report for your VIN. That will contain the build date, entry into service date, and any warranty or service work performed by Ford. You never know what you may find in that report.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all, I did run an oasis back when I bought it and the only interesting thing was the Tr-3650 was replaced at 8,000 miles! I had a certificate mailed before they started charging money for them but its lost in my office. Got carfax and autocheck. No luck on the build sheet and I'm fairly sure its not one that went to San Francisco. Its in great shape for 20 years old, I can't even find another new edge mustang thats in the same hape, but not going to be concours.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
My take is that the value is based on condition (garage queen status), mileage, originality and storage conditions. I don't think press car status is a factor. Is it possible to get a copy of the window sticker? It came down the line, didn't it?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe it would have to be less than 10 years old to get the sticker. Ford does issue new stickers but they only started doing it with the 201x year vehicles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts