·
Registered
506 Posts
When is she commin home...............

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sometime this month but gotta coordinate with the weather.

Must be clear all the way up I75 because she has still never driven in rain.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Man I love the way the 40th Anny Editions look....nice pics!

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks McQ.

BUT DOESN'T ANYONE THINK THIS HAS TO BE ONE OF THE COOLEST AND MOST EXCLUSIVE PLACES TO TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR CAR?

Maybe it just isn't clear where this is.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
PhotoRick said:
Thanks McQ.

BUT DOESN'T ANYONE THINK THIS HAS TO BE ONE OF THE COOLEST AND MOST EXCLUSIVE PLACES TO TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR CAR?

Maybe it just isn't clear where this is.
Indianapolis? Duh! Nevermind. I finally saw "Daytona" on the wall.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Are you still in Daytona? Should have given me a call. I am only about 8 miles from the track.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Saweeeeeeeet 40th Anniversary and pictures. The Daytona Speedway is awesome (visited last July) :)

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bullitt 40 said:
Are you still in Daytona? Should have given me a call. I am only about 8 miles from the track.

Hi Dave,
No, these were taken the day of the Daytona 200 motorcycle race. The 04 GT is in the Tampa area now. I'll be driving it home sometime pretty soon.

But next time I am in the area, we'll have to meet again. Maybe another car show.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Speeding Bullitt said:
Saweeeeeeeet 40th Anniversary and pictures. The Daytona Speedway is awesome (visited last July) :)
Thanks!
Yeah, I like being there for the Bike races or really anything. But NASCAR sunday is a bit too much for me.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Was it just a photo-op, or did you get to drive it around the track at a high rate of speed? Lookin good man!!! I love the color combo.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks!
But nothing so terribly exciting that an ambulance would have to be on duty. Following the bike races I had an opportunity for a few photos and a couple of medium speed runs down the back stretch and through the chicane.

The back stretch was surprisingly narrow and the surface was extremely coarse.

All of those skid marks were from the Daytona 500 as cars came around ofter loosing it in turn two and sliding hundreds of yards across that large expance of blacktop that was formerly grass. NASCAR must have this idea that long skids are better for the drivers than flips and rolls across the grass.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I was there a year ago. I picked up 1152 at Palm Coast Ford just up the highway March 21, 2006. But I didn't have access or a camera...

Next time I guess.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Awesome pics man...

I've liked the 40th's since I saw my first one. Almost ended up with one had it not been for the Bullitt.. :)

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks,
The optional forthieth package is about as rare as the Bullitt but most people, even Ford salesman, don't know what it is. Even worse than the Bullitt. The color is called Fortieth Anniversary Crimson and the paint code is "FX"

One good thing about the 08 Bullitt hype: a lot more people are going to know what a Bullitt is and more are going to want the original.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts