Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See here: http://www.autobase.com/cgi/info.exe?bc=4085019&dealer=commdodg

Price on window sticker, $16,xxx
Price on internet, $12,995

Issues with car:
Good size hole in middle of passenger seat
Moderate paint chipping at truck lip edge
Chunk of metal missing from gas filler trim surround
Strong passenger side window sealing problems (wind noise)

Disregarding the aforementioned issues, and a heavy (by car standards) clutch, the thing drives & sounds great. I was ready to start talking...

Doing my research beforehand, and knowing good and well what price I should be paying a dealer for this car, the negotiations began.

First off, the price immediately dropped to $11,9k, after my refusal to pay the $12,9k.

After asking what I'd actually pay (in OUTSTANDING condition, which this car is not, the proper price is $9,100 for dealer retail), they came down to $10,9k.

The initial salesman went away, and three other guys came over, with the price finally dropping to $10,1k, which is still way too high.

My favorite sales tactic, you ask? Well, they "took it in on a trade, and had to pay more than it was actually worth".

My response? "Sir, I don't care what you payed for it...I know what the car is actually worth, and I'm not paying any more than that."

After another twenty minutes of trying every single thing they could, I requested my keys back (they were holding them from the trade-in, and suddenly couldn't be found when I wanted to leave!!) and left with this parting line...

"Good luck finding someone to pay the price you're asking..."

(BTW, another dealer had no problem with my price for a solid '04 GTO. Love the Bullitt, but this particular dealer, and their sales practices, are absolutely ridiculous.)

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
ramblejam said:
My favorite sales tactic, you ask? Well, they "took it in on a trade, and had to pay more than it was actually worth".
That one's not even a "good" lie! (but you knew that already)

If you give $8500 for it, I would love to be a fly on the wall as you drove away, listenin' to them brag about how they "took" you.........

·
Registered
30 Posts
was probably wrecked too

Looking at those pictures that car looks like it has been worked over pretty good. I also have a sneaking suspicion it was wrecked somewhere down the line. (Headlights and grille are not Bullitt Correct)

Good choice on the walk... I would have done the same thing... even at $8500

·
Registered
8 Posts
i picked up my garage queen DHG bullitt with 4900 original miles on it for 12,500. personally i would pass on that one

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
a few Bullitts did come stock with the chrome around the pony I believe

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
lmpbzkt492 said:
i picked up my garage queen DHG bullitt with 4900 original miles on it for 12,500. personally i would pass on that one

That $ doesn't make me happy too cheap>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,276 Posts
Yes, as mr. black has said, "Several Bullitts came off the line with the mistaken GT chrome corral around the running pony" and some others with other factory boo-boo's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yea i was pretty luck to pick it up for that price. guy traded it in for a gto at the dealership I work at. Came in on a saturday thought about it all weekend and signed the papers on it on monday

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
lmpbzkt492 said:
yea i was pretty luck to pick it up for that price. guy traded it in for a gto at the dealership I work at. Came in on a saturday thought about it all weekend and signed the papers on it on monday
Ryan,

Nice going Man and I think You will really like the Bullitt .........

tigerhonaker

1 - 13 of 13 Posts