Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped her off at the dealership today to get the paint and tailight fixed, and have the Undercoating/Paint prot/leather prot, and alarm installed. I should have her back in about 3 days.. So they tell me. I'm stuck with a plain jane, entry level Taurus.. Somehow it's just not the same..

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-29 14:00, Blakwing wrote:
I dropped her off at the dealership today to get the paint and tailight fixed, and have the Undercoating/Paint prot/leather prot, and alarm installed. I should have her back in about 3 days.. So they tell me. I'm stuck with a plain jane, entry level Taurus.. Somehow it's just not the same..
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Does the dealer provide you with a loaner? I was told that loaners aren't included in the standard warranty (which suprised me, I always had that with the GM cars).

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
mike, technically that's true BUT after spending $27 K on a new car i expect my saleman to get me a loaner ANY time i need it. and he's pretty cool, he agreed that he would "take care" of me whenever i needed it!

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well this is part of the initial inspection and corrections that need to be made due to the Pre-delviery condition of the car, that and the installation of purchased dealer options (Alarm, undercoating,etc). I've also got the 7-70 warranty so I get a loaner whenever I need one.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-29 21:07, Blakwing wrote:
Well this is part of the initial inspection and corrections that need to be made due to the Pre-delviery condition of the car, that and the installation of purchased dealer options (Alarm, undercoating,etc). I've also got the 7-70 warranty so I get a loaner whenever I need one.

Yeah, I kinda mislead. My salesguy said he'd work it out for me (maybe because it was pre-delivery condition as you state).

I am starting to see more things that concern me (see Mech Issues forum), but maybe I am just being too picky.

Can I ask, how much was the 7/70 Warranty?

1,169 Posts
On 2001-05-29 14:00, Blakwing wrote:

Blakwing, I called me dealer about getting my BULLITT undercoated they said it's not nessacery,and they don't even do undercoating anyway.I guess i don't need it here in Florida. Do you think thats true?

Also can you give me some inf. on the paint prot/leather prot. My ford dealer does not do that service. Is the prot just a protestive coating?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
mike, i paid $1400.oo for Ford's 7/70 extended protection plan. my salesman told me that that price was $100.00 over HIS cost. i have no reason NOT to believe him but you never know. i decided that i'm keeping this car for MANY years .....no matter what i get next.
i'll check out the postings on tech forum(problems)...haven't been there yet

mystang99

DHG #648

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The price I got for teh 7/70 was a bit less.. But I also got it thrown in as a complete package with the undercoating/paint/leather prot. I figure what's the most expensive thing that can go wrong? Engine/tranny failure? If anything like that goes out even once it's paid for itself. But the compelling reason for the other stuff for me was not necessarily that this stuff is as great as advertised but the fact of what was warrantied after I got it done. If my clearcoat every yellows, dulls, or peels or the paint beneath fades I get it repainted for free. The leather is covererd against any type of stain except blood. if they can't get it out I get it replaced.. free. The undercoating I'm getting is almost exactly like the "Rhino liner" you see sprayed into truck beds. It goes into the wheel wells, and the compelte undercarriage is covered. This warranites against rock damage and any kind of rust. It's also a really good sound dampener. As for necessity.. I live up in Chicago so it's a good thing to have on all cars due to the rain/snow/salt the cars are exposed to. My car is never going to see snow but it can't hurt to give a measure of protection while the car is dormant in the garage. The alarm is the Ford 400 (Ithink) and it has teh glass break sensor, starter kill, hood lock and trunk and hood alarms. best of all it's tied into my existing Ford remote.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
On 2001-05-29 22:49, mystang99 wrote:
mike, i paid $1400.oo for Ford's 7/70 extended protection plan. my salesman told me that that price was $100.00 over HIS cost. i have no reason NOT to believe him but you never know. i decided that i'm keeping this car for MANY years .....no matter what i get next.
i'll check out the postings on tech forum(problems)...haven't been there yet

mystang99

DHG #648

Thanks. I guess if I sell this Fiat I'll have the money for an extended warranty. :smile:

I am half tempted to meet-up with Cam or Lou (not sure if lou is on here) and have one of them drive her to see if they think my tranny and clutch feel the same. :smile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts