Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped her off at the dealership today to get the paint and tailight fixed, and have the Undercoating/Paint prot/leather prot, and alarm installed. I should have her back in about 3 days.. So they tell me. I'm stuck with a plain jane, entry level Taurus.. Somehow it's just not the same..

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well this is part of the initial inspection and corrections that need to be made due to the Pre-delviery condition of the car, that and the installation of purchased dealer options (Alarm, undercoating,etc). I've also got the 7-70 warranty so I get a loaner whenever I need one.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The price I got for teh 7/70 was a bit less.. But I also got it thrown in as a complete package with the undercoating/paint/leather prot. I figure what's the most expensive thing that can go wrong? Engine/tranny failure? If anything like that goes out even once it's paid for itself. But the compelling reason for the other stuff for me was not necessarily that this stuff is as great as advertised but the fact of what was warrantied after I got it done. If my clearcoat every yellows, dulls, or peels or the paint beneath fades I get it repainted for free. The leather is covererd against any type of stain except blood. if they can't get it out I get it replaced.. free. The undercoating I'm getting is almost exactly like the "Rhino liner" you see sprayed into truck beds. It goes into the wheel wells, and the compelte undercarriage is covered. This warranites against rock damage and any kind of rust. It's also a really good sound dampener. As for necessity.. I live up in Chicago so it's a good thing to have on all cars due to the rain/snow/salt the cars are exposed to. My car is never going to see snow but it can't hurt to give a measure of protection while the car is dormant in the garage. The alarm is the Ford 400 (Ithink) and it has teh glass break sensor, starter kill, hood lock and trunk and hood alarms. best of all it's tied into my existing Ford remote.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.