Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bullitt was coming up for an oil change. So to prevent an extra trip I called ahead to schedule the oil change and to see if I could get my spotted/fogged headlamps replaced on the same visit. The ford Dealer ship I bought my car from is around 70 miles round trip from my house. I called their parts department and they only had one side in stock. I called the service manager to see if they could have the part ordered and gave her the Special Service Message 15283, along with the parts numbers. She then explained she could not do that, that she would have to verify the head lights we defective first. I told her I was trying to avoid a second trip because to the mileage and time evolved. She said their was nothing she could do. So, I asked to speak to her boss. Her reply was, he’s in aruba on vacation. I said ok, let me speak to his boss. Then she stated getting upset with me and said their was nothing he could do either, because that was just Ford policy. Understanding how this can make some body mad, I explained to her that I wanted to speak with him, not because I thought she wasn’t doing her job, but I just figured someone in a higher position might be able to do more. Then she said in a snippy tone, well he’s at lunch. I said I would just call back when he was in.
I then called the Manger of the dealership but got his answering service. I left a message and waited for an hour for him to call me back. He still hasn’t called me back.
Any way, I decided to try and work this out. So called back and talked with the same girl.
And simply asked if it was possible if they could check with other local dealerships to see if they had the other headlamp in stock, and if they did, get the part from them. She said she could and would do that.
So this morning I arrive at the dealership a little after 8am. I ask for the service manager who I spoke with the day before. The service department is inside, that is you drive into a garage. She comes out with a smile on her face and asked if I’m the guy she spoke with the day before and I said yes, etc etc. I can tell her smile and friendly attitude seems fake.
She looks at the headlights, and of course, in side and in the shade they look clear. So she sort of rolls her eyes, and gets on the phone to asking about a SSM. I wrote it down before I left the house, and gave it to her, but she still proceeded to check it out. I also told her that in the sun the spots and fog are clearly visible. She sort of just ignord me at this point, so I just shrug my shoulders, and think no big deal and I go in the waiting room and wait.

About 30 minutes later, she comes into the waiting room with a smile and said your oil has been changed and you’re ready to go. I say, what about the headlamps? Her reply, oh I had my mechanic look at it, and we both agreed that your headlights really didn’t meet the qualifications for replacement. I’m getting mad. She said either my lights just had spots but no fog, or fog and no spots, some crap like that. But they were going to do me a favor and order the lamps anyway. So I bring up what we had talked about the day before about checking with other local ford parts departments to see if they had the parts. Her reply was, well we just don’t do that. Then she just pointed out the window here I had to get my paper work for the oil change. Now, I'm just disgusted. Then the lady at the window wanted to charge me for the oil change. I give her my coupon book. That sort of mad me mad to. Why doesn’t ford have this in there data base that, this was part of my package (free oil changes)?

Oh by the way, here is a pic of my passenger headlamp. Does it look fogged and spotted to you? http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=826&forum=9&start=15

I want to complain to someone at Ford out side that dealership. But I’m thinking maybe I should wait until I get my headlamps replaced first. Is this wise?
Also can somebody give me some tips on how I should handle my complaint?
I only ask this because I know there are people here who are know more about ford than I do.

Thanks for reading, and any help or tips you can offer.
I apologize for the log winded post, but I’m home alone today and didn’t have my wife here to vent my frustration out on. I'm feeling better already just by posting this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FASTBULLITT on 2002-01-16 12:36 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
My headlights weren't nearly as bad as yours and my dealer replaced them, no questions asked. I don't say that to make you mad BTW. It would seem that it's all up to the discretion of the dealership, tech, parts department, whomever. Have you considered trying a different dealership to get the lights done?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was something else I was wondering about. Do I have to use the same dealership for warranty work, even if they are considered local? I have a dealer ship in town about 5 miles from my house. But, I think the free oil changes have to be done at the dealership where I bought it. It would be great if I could just, fire these guys.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Don't sweat the headlights-- I had mine replaced and the replacements are fogged up.

Maybe it'll be the best to wait until the damn things are straightned out.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Warranty work can be done at ANY Ford dealer. I got my Bullitt in Canada, but I go to school here in L.A, CA. The dealers here (at least the one I went to) said there is no problem when it comes to warranty work and different dealerships.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts