Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today, while driving home from work, noticed that the break pedal felt very odd, then I glanced down on the floor board and there it was, the break pad cover....Hmmm.
Pulled off the road and re-attached it (the pads have a interior lip that slides over the actual metal brake frame). Also noticed that that these bullitt pads have a glue to help bind to the metal surface. You'll might want to check all of your "pads"; just grab each pad very firmly and see if it twists or turns. If they do, yours may come off too.

Have any of you noted that the shifter trim ring (on the console; looks like milled aluminum with machine screws)? well its plastic and is only a press fit to the console.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-06-08 23:40, TwoStangWmn wrote:
Cheap Bastards! Can I say that on here? :???:
:lol:
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I think you just did. :smile:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
you mean the brake pedal cover???
mine fell off the 2nd day i had it and it was so hard to get back on i drove straight to the dealer where the service MGR. took it staright into ythe shop and had a mechanic put it back on while i stood there. even took him a couple of minutes to get it back on
kinda dangerous to fall off while driving though!!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To mystang99:
Yes, it was the break pad cover. If it falls off one time, it will do it again....some some sort of bonding adhesive is indicated here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts