Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My brother in law called me from Ford. They have the new Bullitt for testing. He says it's kind of mediocre. The steering wheel says Bullitt in the middle, it has the aluminum round shift ball and that's it! No red calipers, no chrome gas tank filler cover, no rear window louvers, no new hood. He says the wheels are the same type as the '01. They're not black in the middle. He says it's kind of a dissapointment - the '01s are much better looking. He can't take any pictures. It looks like those sneak peeks from PA were correct.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Barry, any word on the performance upgrades?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All he said is it's there and he's going to work on it and how it looked. I'll call him tonight. I don't know if he gets a list of the upgrades or not. Since he works on the drivetrain I would think he knows the hp.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He has no info of the upgrades or the hp. He says it could be a pre-production model and not the finished product. So I would guess it will have the red calipers and aluminum gas cover lid. He says even if they add those items, it's not going to enhance the appearance that much. He's not thrilled with it at all.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Barry, please post his cell phone number here so that we can call him...and so that you don't have to play middle man.

:lol:

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Well the exterior from what we all have heard is HG with a few outside touches. Blacked out grill Shelby Gt exhaust tips no badging. The wheels are supposed to be charcoal colored 18". But other than that not much else. No red calipers are slated for the car with the specs from the Ford order guide. Pretty much all performance upgrades and very little exterior add ons.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Since it's still several months till release, could it be that they haven't really finalized what they want to do to it cosmetically?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He said it can be a pre-production car. The final car may have some things added on. I assume it will have the aluminum gas cap cover and red calipers at least.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Humongous motor for the win!

:bigguns:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I wonder what size of tires?. . .does the exhaust sound hefty?. . .ambient lighting?. . .which Mustang is it on?. . .different intake manifold?. . .so many questions. . .and no pics. . .at least it's in the works! thanks!

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
It's so preproduction that whatever the accroutriments are/are not on the test bed, they don't matter.

Red calipers are nice, but I would prefer a reverse louvered hood. That's something I can see all the while I am driving the thing, as well as when it's parked.

·
Administrator
6,210 Posts

·
Administrator
6,210 Posts
DHG 3840 said:
I wonder what size of tires?. . .
If the wheel size is the same as the current 18" options, it is 235/50-18

DHG 3840 said:
does the exhaust sound hefty?. . .
With packed mufflers, hopefully so

DHG 3840 said:
ambient lighting?. . .
It shows as optional on Mustang GT Premium, which is what the Bullitt package is added to, in the update '08 order guide

DHG 3840 said:
which Mustang is it on?. . .
As above, Mustang GT Premium with manual transmission

DHG 3840 said:
different intake manifold?. . .
Not expected, since the power increase is implemented with the Ford Racing cold air intake and a computer tune

DHG 3840 said:
so many questions. . .
Yep

DHG 3840 said:
and no pics. . .
Other than what is posted on Stangnet, nope

DHG 3840 said:
at least it's in the works! thanks!
Yep

·
Registered
123 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
I would prefer a reverse louvered hood. That's something I can see all the while I am driving the thing, as well as when it's parked.
Yep me too. I really wonder if there will be enough visual cues to differentiate the Bullitt from a typical V6 to anyone but a Bullitt aficionado. A dual vented hood and window louvers would've been two simple but distinctive visual features Ford could've given us but apparently will not.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Quarter Louvers

Too bad Ford didn't think to tool quarter vents like the 67-68 fastbacks had. Since they didn't do this and added windows you at least have more blind-spot elimination.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts