Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did most members on this site join before my #3815 was even made. It says on the door 6/01/01.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2002-01-16 15:38 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I think when they ordered their cars (this time last year?). Many had a LONG wait and discussed the Bullitt while waiting.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,254 Posts
That is correct Dennis. Orders for the Bullitt started being accepted in January of last year. Production started on April 8th. Several Bullittheads met at BON while waiting for our cars to go into production and discussed VIN #s, and mods that we would do, etc. We would call VOPC daily to see when our cars were scheduled to go "down the line." Some of us whose cars were shipped via railway, could even trace them with the railroad web site. It was a long wait but we all got to know each other and bonded and eventually came on over to Yahoo Club and then to Bullittclub from there.

I believe the first person to receive their Bullitt was rsom1. That was when we were at the Yahoo site just before Bullittclub came about.

·
Registered
309 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-14 20:56, BULLITT#3815 wrote:
How did most members on this site join before my #3815 was even made. It says on the door 6/01/01.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, your door says "06/01" which is just the month/year. There is no day on the door. For that, you need the build sheet. :grin:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I didn't find my build sheet, but Team Ford pulled a report on their computer by entering my Vin #, and the report listed my build date!! :smile:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!! I had never tracked a car like I did with my bullitt. I was always on top of things by calling VOP. Rembember VOP. I even told my dealer to expect my car on May 10th. He called me mid morning and said the hauler just pulled in and it had a DHG bullitt on it but he wasn't sure if it was mine. As it turned out it was. Picked it up that night after work. THOSE DAYS are a big part of what made ownership of my bullit so special.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts