Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me? Did anyone else experience the same thing?

If it's not, I don't notice any difference. Maybe between 3-4 grand it feels a little stronger. It just seems like it takes longer to spool up from 2k.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have also been considering a larger MAF because it looks to be the most restrictive component in our stock intake/exhaust setup. But do you need to reburn the computer chip to properly calibrate the A/F ratio for the larger sensor? I have never been able to get a good answer.

·
Registered
388 Posts
You do not have to reprogram the computer at all...it should adjust itself after a few cycles.

I have heard several people say that you actually lose HP when switching out the stock MAF setup...this is why I haven't bothered...I felt a huge diff with just the densecharger and thats good enough for me...especially since the pulleys and the timing adjuster are much better gains for relatively little money.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know. But for $300 it ought to make a difference!

Wade

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: h1resq on 2002-01-07 21:46 ]</font>

·
Registered
269 Posts
Wade,

Check out this thread:

http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=5604&forum=2&3

And the dyno charts on my website:

http://www.mafterburner.com/dssbhmafterbu2.html

You should really take your car to the dyno and test it with and without the Pro-M to see what it is actually doing to your A/F ratio. Without that, there is no way to really know. The Pro-M and C&L meters are good but they only have so much flexibility to alter your A/F map as the corrections they make are fixed for the entire load range. With a tuner like the one I just put on my car, you can adjust the A/F map with fine precision to achieve maximum power at WOT while maintaining your car's drivability at low load values.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Mark Chiappetta
Zone-5 Performance Products
www.mafterburner.com

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
thanks for the good advice Mark!!!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts