Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent this weekend house sitting my best friends place while they were at an all weekend concert. It just so happened I was still there this afternoon when they got home around 4:30pm. Instead of wanting to be left alone to chill they were amazingly enough after a 4 hour car ride still in the mood to party. So I hung around and watched the second two NBA Playoff games while drinking some Anejo Tequilla followed by Tecate chasers. Needless to say when I left at 10:30 tonight we were relaxed and I was ready to turn in when I got home. So my friend walks me out to the driveway where I had a going away smoke and a few last laughs.

While we were out there we noticed a guy walking by on the sidewalk towards my car sitting in my friends driveway. We were looking at him because he was walking backwards seemingly looking for something. That something turned out to be a large white sheep hurding type of dog weighing in at about 55-65 lbs running at a full gate through my friends front yard. Now I don't know if it was because this was the type of dog that had hair in his eyes or if it was because my car is dark and it was at night or because (and this is my guess) if it was because this just seemed to be a big retarded dog but he ran through his front yard, jumped my friends walkway leading to his house and ran full speed into the rear fender of my car just behind the rear tire. Quite honestly it sounded like a deer running into a large piece of Tupperware. He then shot straight up towards my friend and I as if it were really drunk running into some plants and a tree right in front of us, I would imagine because he just took what was probably equivelent to a punch from Mike Tyson to the melon.

Both my friend and I looked at each other as to say "did you just see that sh&t!?!" The owner non shakingly says "don't worry, he does that type of stuff all the time." to where my reply was "as much as I'm a pet lover (and I am) at this particular point won't you forgive me if I'm a bit more worried about my car than I am your stupid a$$ed Marmaduke dog?" He then sensed my obvious displeasure and concern for my car and answered back that the car looked fine. I then asked him if the dog did this all the time and due to the stupidity and mass of the dog was the same result as having a large bag of cement dropped from an overpass when it hits something if he ever considered getting his freight train of a dog a damn leash? When he answered no I told him he was lucky he wasn't in Illinois or Michigan where people take their cars more serious and their pets less and didn't end up with his a$$ kicked and a new dog skinned rug. He was cool though cause he gave me his number and said if there any damage to call him and he'd take care of it.

After it was all said and done my friends dog came out and sniffed the exact place on my fender where the happless dog tagged which I observed was probably scent glands from the rear end of the dog making an impact through the front end of the dog. Once we had a chance to actually go over what we just saw we couldn't stop laughing. Now I hope I'm not giving the wrong impression that I don't like pets it was just the strangest piece of "WTF was that?" I've had in a while!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
The dog should be under control. You are NOT wrong to be concerned about your car. If the guy's dog caused any damage, he should pay for it. BTW, I have 3 dogs...

·
Registered
307 Posts
LOL... that's some funny stuff. I've seen plenty of dogs run into a glass door thinking it was open, but never a parked car. I can only imagine that dog will someday try to run into a moving car and time it wrong... :)

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
:lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Good to hear that everything turned out OK...for all parties involved.

That's a heck of a story, Greg!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
MustangMarkus said:
If he looked like this:

I would understand, otherwise, I say get a leash!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If it was that dog I would have given him the keys! I love that dog Markus! I was actually dog sitting so you'all know I love dogs, just not the ones that turn themselves into a canine kamikazee. I can't help but still giggle a bit today remembering last night when I saw my first canine accordian. Aside from some dog hair stuck between where the rear bumper meets the upper fender under the gas cap, everything looks fine. I can't speak for the dog.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
residual pot smoke in the air caused him to bonkers? bad acid trip from drinking some standing water? maybe he just ate a squirrel that was in a recent LSD testing program?

hard to say with that Cali canine!! :p
glad the B is fine though!

shaun

1 - 11 of 11 Posts