·
Registered
1,309 Posts
God I hate that law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
Well, here its is. Thanks to our Texas legislature I've add the front plate as required. :cry: :cry:

I used the plate bracket from Ben. At least no holes in the bumper. :smile:

View attachment 10667

I'm with you...Charles.....dont like the front plate as well...kinda adds a blob to the front end:eek:

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Oh well, at least you are legal now. I hate that law here also.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
We have the front plate law in minnesota and so far i have been very LUCKY that i have not been stopped for it not being on. I do however keep the plate handy if i see a leo coming at me. :lol:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I drilled the two screws into the front "dimples"... I don't think I could have used Ben's bracket with SHR grill inserts.

I wasn't happy with having to put the front plate on, but oh well.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
I live in Minnesota also, and I installed my front plate about 2 weeks ago. I ran around without it for about 5 months. The car looked so nice without it on the front bumper! I have had several cars in my life and the I always see a spot for a front license plate, like a bracket or a indent in the bumper. But on a Mustang ,Ford didn't provide a place for the plate. So when I put the plate on it looked odd.
I guess that is one less law that I will be braking .

·
Premium Member
18,865 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
...At least no holes in the bumper. :smile:
Good deal, Charles!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got away with no front plate on my '06 for a year and a half. Went through numerous checkpoints and never got stopped. I was at redlights many times with a cop facing me and thought "this is it", but never got stopped. Then one day I squealed the tires just a tad making a left turn at a redlight and got pulled over. I pretended like it was stolen but he wasn't buyin' that. Only got a ticket for the plate but it cost me $105. Still no plate on the Bullitt, I'll take my chances. At least I now know what it costs in my locale.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
JrzyBullitt said:
Look at it this way: The REAL Bullitt had a front plate!
Very true. :) And Steve McQueen's 68 looked fine with a front plate. :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
It was a painful experience :cry: ; but, I too installed my front plate, by screwing into the 2 front bumper indents/dimples.
I don't want to give the police another reason to ticket me. :wink:

·
Registered
162 Posts
BiteTheBullitt0793 said:
we are fortunate here in tennessee in that we do not have a front plate law. :smile: the police don't want to stop you here anyway because there are too many ********. :lol:
So that's why I never got stopped, when I lived in Knoxville, TN ( 1/75 to 9/76 ).
:lol: :cool:

·
Registered
211 Posts
I keep my front plate (vanity plates) in the car along with the registration papers. If I get pulled over the stuff sits in the passenger seat and the story goes that I hardly ever drive her and I just got around to putting the rear vanity plate on and was just on my way to a friends house for help installing a custom front plate bracket that he has fabricated for me.

·
Registered
353 Posts
It's not a moving violation...

It's not a moving violation, they can ticket away...

walc said:
It was a painful experience :cry: ; but, I too installed my front plate, by screwing into the 2 front bumper indents/dimples.
I don't want to give the police another reason to ticket me. :wink:

·
Registered
162 Posts
BiteTheBullitt0793 said:
walc,

and now you know...the truth has kept you free :eek: :badgrin:
The great thing, in TN, while I lived there was that even though the Federal Government forced the State to lower the speed limit, on Interstate highways, to 55, the State made the fine around $5.
That way TN kept getting Federal highway money and police didn't bother writing $5 tickets. :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.