Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wind noise (and some ticking, which I guess is fairly normal). The car has a whistle on the driver's side near the a-pillar that starts around 50 mph and gets pretty bad at interstate speeds. Moldings and rubber look like they should, does anyone have any suggestions or had the same problem?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Mach Audio is good for what ails you, but I do like to ride and listen to the exhaust sometimes.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I have the same whistle, it is really starting to bug me, but at the same time I do not want to take my baby in for service. Both my Probe GT's did the same thing, they had to adjust the window.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
I just noticed that same wind noise the other night at highway speeds. Quite bothersome. It is definitely coming from the a-pillar.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought my BULLITT on the 7th of Sept and I have no wind noise at... The only problem so far is the Brake noise...

·
Registered
100 Posts
yeah ihave the same problem. just hate to take in to my local dealer. not much confidence in their abilities. so far i'm just learnining to live with it. otherwise it is just one great car!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey True Blue 4398. My Bullitt, #5203 has a wind noise and air whistle from the drivers window as well. It happens at speeds as low as 40 and as high as 75. I took it back to the dealer and was told this has been a problem on some 99-01 Mustang Coupes and Convertibles. Ford Engineers have yet to design a fix for the problem, but since the problem is already 3 years old they don't seem to be in much of a hurry. They have a TB out on it. I was pretty irked at the no fix solution considering the car cost so much so I called and e-mailed Ford Cutomer Service until they won't talk to me anymore. Then I got the BBB and Dispute Settlement Board (DSB) involved. There is no fix, but if we all complain enough, maybe they will come up with one. Happy holidays to all. God Bless America.

·
Registered
46 Posts
True Blue - I had the same wind noise problem on the passenger side a-pillar. Turned out it was loose. Took it in and they adjusted it and tightened it in 15 minutes. No more wind noise!!

I think the bolts are in the door opening by the hinges.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Mine does not make that noise, but I think that realignment of body or pillar panels could likely affect it.

I have to wonder why some have the noise and others don't. It would make sense to compare eye-to-eye one with a known problem with one that does not. Sounds like a mission for the next Club meet.

Those pillar panels are definately removable and alterable. Also, the rear (C-pillar?) is also loose on some stangs.

I'd also have to think about the window moulding and air leaks. Perhaps certain molding detailing treatments contribute or eliminate whistling. Like a wind instrument, moisture can contribute or detract from the sound. Does the sound change alot when you open the window a crack? Does it change alot when you open the passenger window a crack? That might point to a leaking molding that could be lubed or have its lube removed.

Then there's the problem of the actual door molding leaking air. Same condition, but a bit more leaborate to eliminate.

Replacing the molding could possibly be a last resort.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've got the whistle on my GT. noticed it the first block i drove it (off the lot).

Wind noise is the absolute least of my worries.

I wouldn't risk dealer-hood to fix the noise.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Mine has the wind noise on the passenger side A pillar. I guess I will go out into the garage and see if it is loose. I don't want to take it in for service just for that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts