Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These damn BULLITT tires smoke for about a block!!!!

WHAT's UPPPPPP

GSCA #3535
BCA #36858
2001 BULLITT #1042 (Green)
1965 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Conv. 4 Speed
1965 Bucik Skylark Gran Sport Conv. Auto

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) on 2001-05-25 19:42 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
[snicker]

Yeah! And mine keep making this nasty chirpy-howly sound when I shift gears!!!

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,045 Posts
Come to think of it, they DO seem to be getting a little on the thin side!

Has anyone noticed that the rims get awful dirty or greasy easily? We have to wipe them down daily it seems.

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the best to keep the brake dust off the rims, Is to SMOKE-EM for a block or two....LOL

By the way who needs brakes anyway???

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-25 21:40, 1NastyFordGT wrote:
That "dirt" you keep having to wipe off is dust from the brake pads. It's normal and you just have to get used to it! Welcome to the world of four wheel disk brakes! :smile:
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

And whatever you do, don't let them go for very long. "baked-on" brake dust is a BEAR to remove sometimes. Trust me, I know. :-B

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>Brakes are an accessory only to be used in the most dire of emergencies!</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I love that line.. Completely forgot where I heard it. As for the dust.. Absolutely clean it before it sits too long.. It can worm it's way into the clear coat and is a big pain in the ass to clean up. For gerneal duty I use Eagle One wheel cleaner. safe for all wheels and clearcoats.. Spray it on.. wait 2 mins.. spray it off. Works great.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Cleaning these whells HAVE to be easier than the 17" ones I had on my 98GT. What a pain to get into all of the little slots!!
BTY - These cars came with brakes??!!?? LOL
Cam

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
BRAKES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BRAKES!!(to be said like "badges? we don't need no stinkin' badges!)- lol

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I always just downshift...i love the burble noises from the exhaust. Haven't had much for brake dust yet!! 'Tire dust' maybe...

·
Registered
280 Posts
You Bullitt owners are so lucky! I mean with those dark paint colors, and all. My silver Feature GT, on the other hand, shows every bit of molten rubber on the rear flanks. Melted rubber is so bad on the clearcoat, by the way.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Brakes? Is that what those big round things are behind the wheels with the red thingy and the pony?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts