Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my black Bullitt 2 weeks ago I was out for a drive on Saturday when I noticed that the rocker covers are different. They have apparently put a cover for the gt on the driverside and the bullitt cover on the passenger side. I want to know if anybody else had this problem.

· BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,661 Posts
Mickey, Several Bullitt owners have had "factory defects" like yours or similar. The GT rocker panel on one side, the GT C-pillar on one side, the GT seat on one side, Only one running horse on one of the front calipers, a couple of people have gotten a GT chromed corral around the running horse on the front grill, someone even got the Cobra back bumper!

Just take it to the dealer and point it out and they will order you the correct one and put it on for you. No problem......

· Registered
155 Posts
Hello Micky,
Our Bullitt # 353 had exactly the same problem, except the Bullitt door sil was on the driver side, and the GT was on the passenger side. This was back in May. It took our dealer two weeks to get the correct part, and he installed it in one afternoon. Contact your dealer, I'm sure he will get it fixed. If he has trouble getting the part, tell him to checkout

http://www.gefracing.com/

and lookup Bullitt parts. A pair of sil plates is $80.

Good luck

· Premium Member
4,595 Posts
Okay, so I was too embarrased to mention mine! I was embarrased because I wasn't the one who noticed it. I've been driving this car around for 5 months without noticing.
It was noticed by my new "friends" at Bullittclub.com, from a couple of kinda lousy pictures I sent in!

I'm one of the ones with the GT C-Pillar on one side and a Bullitt C-Pillar on the other.

I took it to the dealer last week. They ordered the part, it came in, they painted it True Blue, and now I'm supposed to take it in on Monday to have it put on. I'm actually AFRAID to let the dealer touch my car. I have no choice to let them do it....but I DON'T WANNA !
ALMOST every post relating to service at the dealers has bad news in it. GOD, what if they scratch the car, dent the car, TOTAL the car.
I guess I'll let you guys know how it goes on Tuesday.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh! Good Luck Mickey C#1437, just bite the Bullitt, and take it to the dealer. They'll fix it right up for you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 6treva9 on 2002-02-01 13:59 ]</font>

· Premium Member
4,595 Posts
I know. Thanks, Karl.
They do the work right there, and I have actually had one good experience with them.
When I bought the car, it had a couple of "spots" in the paint. Overspray, maybe?
I took it to them, and the manager made it beautiful in about 10 minutes while I waited. I went to work a very happy camper that day!
BUT...this involves more, and they want the car for the whole day, so it's scarier! I can't take the day off and sit and watch!
Wouldn't that be great!!!!?
I have my whole speech prepared for them...
so...we'll see how it goes!

· Registered
25 Posts
I had the same exact problem. The dealer had to look at the problem because they could not believe it, order the correct part, it had to be painted, and then installed. My car was at the dealership for two days. Good luck.
Charlie

· Registered
724 Posts
Rocker covers are not the same as c-pillars. Rocker covers or sill plates are what you see when you open the door - the silver plate that says Bullitt. Kind of a scuff plate for the rocker panels. C-pillars are the piece on the exterior of the car leading from the quarter window going back toward the trunk.

· Registered
596 Posts
6treva9, Make sure you do a walk around with the body shop manager or assistant before they do the work. That way if you find a problem after they can't say you did it. I always make sure I'm covered when taking my car in for work.

· Premium Member
4,595 Posts
I got my car back from the dealer yesterday.
They removed the GT C-Pillar from the passenger side, and replaced it with a freshly painted C-Pillar for a BULLITT !

I have no complaints for the service department, they did a good job. The paint matches perfectly, and they didn't do any damage anywhere else!

· Premium Member
4,595 Posts
Me too, thanks!

And thanks to the guys who helped me through this!

I'm so glad that it was basically just cosmetic. God, I hope nothing goes wrong mechanically.
I can't be subjected to driving a FOCUS again! Not ME !!!

Thanks again,

-Treva

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.